sitka dewpoint vs cloudburst

Between the dewpoint and cloudburst jacket and pants for elk hunting in the mountains, which would be the best. I have the cloudburst set that I have never used yet, but thinking about buying the dewpoint rain gear.

I wouldn't get the dewpoint just because they are lighter if it meant you would have both sets. The cloudburst is going to have a few more features that add a little weight but can also be nice compared to the more minimalist dewpoint. The dewpoint pit zips are also your pockets and just have a double zipper so you can open up maybe 18-20" of your side or zip it down just enough to vent or access the pocket. Cloudburst hood rolls up into the collar. I think there are some other differences but its been a few years since I looked at them side by side and I used a dewpoint for a few seasons. Cloudburst will be a little more durable just due to fabric thickness.

OP
H
I wouldn't get the dewpoint just because they are lighter if it meant you would have both sets. The cloudburst is going to have a few more features that add a little weight but can also be nice compared to the more minimalist dewpoint. The dewpoint pit zips are also your pockets and just have a double zipper so you can open up maybe 18-20" of your side or zip it down just enough to vent or access the pocket. Cloudburst hood rolls up into the collar. I think there are some other differences but its been a few years since I looked at them side by side and I used a dewpoint for a few seasons. Cloudburst will be a little more durable just due to fabric thickness.

My cloudburst are new with tags still on them. I bought them last year and never worn them. I was planning to sell them if I buy the dewpoints. I was going to use them on backpack hunts, but I don't know if the weight difference is worth it.

OP
H
I prefer the dew point for the weight

Would I size up because they are performance fit, to layer under jacket and pants. I had to move up to xl to xxl on my old Jetstream lite jacket. My cloudburst jacket is xl and pants are large.

I have both, I really like the cloudburst and the added pockets, but I find myself grabbing the lighterweight dew point most of the time. Especially when I know it may just be a fast moving afternoon rainstorm. Typical for high mountain hunts here in colorado. If I know I'm in for really bad weather for a few days, I'm taking the cloudburst.

OP
H
I have both, I really like the cloudburst and the added pockets, but I find myself grabbing the lighterweight dew point most of the time. Especially when I know it may just be a fast moving afternoon rainstorm. Typical for high mountain hunts here in colorado. If I know I'm in for really bad weather for a few days, I'm taking the cloudburst.

The dewpoint is sized to fit over layers in the same realm. Example: large dewpoint would be good over large kelvin lite or active. Might be tight on the down or windstopper models..

Gumbo

WKR
I like the dewpoint for where and when I hunt. I'm in Montana, which is relatively dry, and I usually am not going to hunt or backpack for multiple days in drenching rain. The Dewpoint system is great for the odd storm we often get and is lightweight. If I were going on an extended true wilderness hunt or was in a wetter area, or one with more thorny vegetation, I'd definitely opt for a more substantial set, probably the Kuiu Yukon set because I don't really like the fit of the Cloudburst or Stormfront jackets (and because I already have the Yukon jacket but rarely use it, only on really rainy days or on extended trips where more rain is forecast).

sneaky

"DADDY"
New Cloudburst jacket has two lower hand pockets, that's it. Hood doesn't store in the collar anymore. They cut out a LOT of pockets on the new rain gear pieces. They are working on the replacement for the Dewpoint but it won't be this year that you'll see it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
Do you need to move up a size on the dew points to wear layers underneath.

I had to size up with my dewpoint jacket. Cloudburst in a large fit with my layers. Needed an XL in the dewpoint to fit the same layers.
The dewpoint pants in a large were tighter than the cloudburst in large.
I went with the cloudburst pants, for the extra durability and the dewpoint jacket to save some weight.

I bought the Dewpoint set and may send it back for one reason. It is so LOUD! Like a potato chip bag. Maybe this is due to the ultra light and high performance characteristics but if I get busted drawing my bow who cares about a few ounces.

heatstroke18

Lil-Rokslider
Im looking at getting a pair of the dew point pants only because of how inexpensive I can find them now. Im not going to be doing a lot of hunting in the rain or dumping snow. They would mostly be in my pack for the odd chance I need them to get to cover or move when its wet. I can't justify spending nearly twice as much for the cloudburst pants and system (new or old) for something I probably won't wear but ever now and then. If its driving rain for a day, that will probably be a day in the tent/shelter. Most of my hunting is also 3-5 day trips. Anyone else have the same thought process or experience?