Sitka Downpour vs Wading Jacket

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
This year i am looking to upgrade my rain gear, and would like it to be pack able, as I will be using it local in PA as well as on my 1-2 trips out west every year. I am a sitka nerd at heart and have a ton of their stuff in the open country, timber, and elevated II for the different game and conditions I hunt.

I have been using cabelas MTO raingear, I believe. There have been some good deals floating around on different rain gear like cloudburst and downpour in the Optifade Ground, which honestly seems fine for how limited the use will be, as well as it just seems like a darker subalpine which will work as well.

I like having good gear, but I am not into wasting money just to have one of everything, and I know a lot of the pieces between the different lines can be very similar.

so on the face it seems like a stupid question, but is the only real difference between the two the brushed jacket face on the Downpour and how loud the jacket is?

The weights seem the same, and the Wading jacket is pro laminate w pit zips vs the down pour is 3 layer laminate brushed w out pit zips.

Any other insights? is it worth having both jackets? Thanks for the input.

Jimss

WKR
I definitely wouldn't buy a rain jacket without pitzips. I've had great luck with a couple Sitka rainjackets. I'm sure Kiui is also a great choice. If you are pinched for cash keep your eye on this website's classified section and pick up an almost new Sitka or Kuiu. I've also had great luck with Marmot Precip jackets. They don't come in camo but I can usually find them for around $50. I often use non-camo in the off season. They are the best breathable rain jacket I've found that is similar to Sitka. That's an amazing price for the quality.... and I own 2 of them!

T28w

WKR
The delta wading jacket is not going to be very packable. a cloudburst in ground forest is what I wished I would have bought first and most likely would not have bought the wading jacket. I got the wading jacket 40% off and I had some cash on hand so I bought it. I have the cloudburst in open country.

OP
VenaticOppidan

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
The delta wading jacket is not going to be very packable. a cloudburst in ground forest is what I wished I would have bought first and most likely would not have bought the wading jacket. I got the wading jacket 40% off and I had some cash on hand so I bought it. I have the cloudburst in open country.

so, you are saying they are very similar with noise and construction, but the cloudburst would only be significantly different in that it packs up nicer?

Unfortunately, there arent very many places to actually feel and try on the gear locally, and i would rather get Tonya Harding'ed then go into field and stream. There is a sportsmans warehouse that just opened i could try.

T28w

WKR
Yes.
The fabric feels the same and it is not quiet when new. It will get not “as” loud with some wear be it still will not be quiet. I do not believe u could bow hunt in this jacket unless it was raining due to the noise it would make espically trying to draw back. The delta is also cut short in length as it is meant to wear with waders.
If you are looking for an outer shell to only wear when it rains or to block wind then the cloudburst would be a good option and would give you more versatility than the wading jacket.

OP
VenaticOppidan

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
That’s exactly what i thought. I figured that they would do roughly the same thing, but that wading jacket is loud, and I’ve used it a ton the last few years.

I spend most my time bow hunting, would the brushed face of the downpour or thunderhead be better, or do you feel the. Life with the cloudburst in a draw is negligible for the roll up good and out zips?

Appreciate your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T28w

WKR
I’ve never had my hands on any of the thunderhead or downpour. Can’t be any help there. I’m sure someone will chime in though.