Sitka everyday vs big game

Can someone explain to me why you couldn’t use some of the products from the everyday wear for a hunt? Besides the fact it’s not camo but there are some pieces of clothing you really don’t have to have in camo so why not just get the everyday wear as dual purpose? Or is there something about the lineup I’m missing?

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Your not missing much. I believe camo is somewhat helpfull in breaking up your image but in the 50's people shot tons of animals with much more primitive weapons and no Sitka. I'm not dissing camo as I have a fair amount of firstlite but it's def not a have to. You can even buy the Sitka or whatever in earth tones and just play the wind and hunt smart and you'll be fine.

OP
BigCountry344
Your not missing much. I believe camo is somewhat helpfull in breaking up your image but in the 50's people shot tons of animals with much more primitive weapons and no Sitka. I'm not dissing camo as I have a fair amount of firstlite but it's def not a have to. You can even buy the Sitka or whatever in earth tones and just play the wind and hunt smart and you'll be fine.

That’s what has me thrown off they offer some hunting pieces in solids also so why aren’t those in the everyday line? Sorry maybe my OCD is just kicking in.

Kotaman

WKR
The everyday items are not the same materials used in the hunting stuff. The everyday stuff is designed for casual wear. Ie. some of the pants and shirts have some cotton in them, the cut is different, etc. Sure you can use the everyday stuff for hunting, but it’s not the same. Sitka designs all of their gear for a specific use. Sure you can use the whitetail line on an elk hunt, but the performance will not be the same. If you use their gear for its intended purpose you will be much happier with its performance.

I get a kick out of guys saying they spent all this money on KUIU or Sitka Mountain hunting gear and froze their a$$ off sitting in a Treestand, so they label it as garbage. You can crossover any of this high end gear, but don’t whine when it doesn’t work when you’re using it for something other than its intended use.

OP
BigCountry344
The everyday items are not the same materials used in the hunting stuff. The everyday stuff is designed for casual wear. Ie. some of the pants and shirts have some cotton in them, the cut is different, etc. Sure you can use the everyday stuff for hunting, but it’s not the same. Sitka designs all of their gear for a specific use. Sure you can use the whitetail line on an elk hunt, but the performance will not be the same. If you use their gear for its intended purpose you will be much happier with its performance.

I get a kick out of guys saying they spent all this money on KUIU or Sitka Mountain hunting gear and froze their a$$ off sitting in a Treestand, so they label it as garbage. You can crossover any of this high end gear, but don’t whine when it doesn’t work when you’re using it for something other than its intended use.

Makes sense and I agree it’s really nice how Sitka has it specifically separated but then you go to kuiu and yes they have different categories but some pieces in the hunting lineup under its description they seem to push it more as a around town piece or something along those lines I’m not complaining about any of it but we already have so many choices and options and it doesn’t help me narrow it down I just want it all

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
You can use any of it for anything. There's no secret formula. If it's highly insulated, probably not great for long hikes. If it's not insulated, probably not great for long cold sits. If you're looking for dual purpose, and can't find something in the 'everyday wear' category that you'd want to hunt in, just look at the solids in the hunting categories. I mostly buy solids now, whether its sitka or something else.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
A different twist: wear hunting solids for everyday wear vs. everyday wear for hunting. Some of the garments are too technical, insulated, grossly over labeled to be everyday wear, IMHO, but some work fine.

Eddie Bauer, Prana and others have good stuff that can be used for everyday wear and hunting.

Firehawk

WKR
I wear my Black Jetstream everyday now that it is winter. I also have a "lead" color Jetstream vest that I wear alot and a black Sitka Fanatic hoody. I would gladly wear any of them on a hunt. But...I have the same pieces in camo and typically wear them instead. One of my all time favorite pieces to wear is my Sitka Camp Hoody. I LOVE that thing. It came hunting, but I usually went for the camo pieces when I left camp.

grey12345

FNG
Can someone explain to me why you couldn’t use some of the products from the everyday wear for a hunt? Besides the fact it’s not camo but there are some pieces of clothing you really don’t have to have in camo so why not just get the everyday wear as dual purpose? Or is there something about the lineup I’m missing?
Camo does help break up your outline but earth tone solids do help as well and I wear on a daily basis. Love my prana pants.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The everyday wear is not designed around the Sitka layering system like the hunting gear. Some hunting gear does come in solids and works great for both but I would try not to use the TTW Gear (everyday stuff) if you can help it for prolong cold weather. I do hunt in my Territory Pants in august and September and it works just fine.