Sitka Fanatic alternative

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’m looking for a treestand hunting jacket that’s as warm as the Fanatic, but without its “features”.

Thanks

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
Something with a straight zipper, no grunt tube pocket, or safety harness attachment collar. Just a warm, windproof, quiet jacket.

FL Sanctuary
Or solitude. I did an upgrade on my whitetail stand gear a couple of years ago. I came down to a fanatic and solitude set. I went solitude because I felt like it was better multiuse gear. Only real down side IMO is the lack of a windproof membrane.

Reactions: bcv

Wheels

WKR
You might look at Midway USA branded hunting coats when they get them back in stock. I have the prairie creek hoodie and it has Berber fleece lining(really warm for the weight) and wind proof. The frazier ridge jacket has more insulation and should be very warm. Pretty good quality and they often have them heavily discounted.

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
Keep the info coming. Thanks alot. The Fanatic seems super, super warm. If nothing else, I may just have to get past the front zipper thing. Lol

Day One Camo parka in cowboy suede with windstopper lining is legit. Maybe not as warm as the Fanatic as a standalone piece, but I would rather layer anyway.

golfbum

WKR
Also following this!!!

considering the stratus (with layers), fanatic, or vellus if anyone has compared these or has thoughts on them!

LostArra

WKR
Unless something major has changed with the wooltimate jacket, I disagree. That’s what I had before the fanatic and to me, it’s not comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given Cabelas track record of down grading (or eliminating) any good product they have ever made, this is very possible.

I have a very old wooltimate jacket with wind shear and it equals the performance of the Fanatic for me. The Fanatic may far exceed the newer wooltimate line.

If it's in your budget the Fanatic is an outstanding jacket strictly for warmth.

Also following this!!!

considering the stratus (with layers), fanatic, or vellus if anyone has compared these or has thoughts on them!

The new Stratus doesn’t seem to be as thick as the previous model. It has a new wind proof layer I think and it seems to make the jacket much more pliable. To a simple man like me, that makes me question its warmth versus the previous model. I don’t have experience in the field with either.

Keep the info coming. Thanks alot. The Fanatic seems super, super warm. If nothing else, I may just have to get past the front zipper thing. Lol

I deer hunt from a saddle and the bulkiness of the fanatic does get in the way, including the wavy zipper. I’ve been contemplating picking up the older model stratus and put an extra layer on underneath as an alternative.

OP
N

N2TRKYS

WKR
I deer hunt from a saddle and the bulkiness of the fanatic does get in the way, including the wavy zipper. I’ve been contemplating picking up the older model stratus and put an extra layer on underneath as an alternative.

I’ve got a Drake jacket that is awesome, but it’s a little small now. I’ve hadthat thing well over 10 years. Of course, like most companies, they had to get hip and add a bunch of goofy stuff too them.

Also following this!!!

The stratus isn’t even close to the warmth of the fanatic. Have no experience with vellus, but love my sitkas

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
Disclaimer: I haven't used it, only compared to the Fanatic in the store.

I was impressed checking out the Scheels brand Highwoods parka, came very close to buying. It seemed like it would be super warm at a decent cost savings over FL or Sitka. If I was still in Michigan I would most likely have or get one soon.