Sitka Fanatic and Stratus in the rain

harris611

FNG
I went full Sitka this year including Fanatic and Stratus sets. LOVE them, but I am unsure how effective the DWR finish actually is when its raining. Obviously I'm going to have to switch to legit rain gear in a downpour, but I am having trouble finding any info about how much mist / light rain the non-waterproof Sitka stuff can deal with. I only pack my rain gear when I really think I might need it and I'd rather ask you guys vs. getting soaked doing my own field trials.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve worn my fanatic in a steady low 30s just above freezing sleet and light rain for 6 hours and never got wet. I wouldn’t wear it in a downpour but no issues with light rain or mists.

The finish you have when new is not the same after a couple of seasons. I carry a set of Dewpoints.

Flogger

FNG
I love the stratus but it’s not going to keep you dry in a steady rain. That’s been my experience anyway. I’ve had good luck with the cloudburst rain gear though and I’ve seen it for sale at several online retailers in the last couple weeks.