Sitka Fanatic Series ??

I'd love to get the jacket, I tried one on and they are SUPER comfortable. I'm afraid I would want to wear it for more than just hunting though. ie: church, dentist, pizza place, movie theater, funerals, biking, dinner table etc.

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
I absolutely LOVE mine. I'm not sure what i would change about it if i could lol. I recently broke down and ordered the bibs after living in the jacket all of last season. I wore that jacket from 50* down to 15* (with slightly different layers obviously) ;)... Super comfortable, love the cross zip, pockets are awesome. Sitka really got it right with this set. I cant believe how warm i stay with not much on, but i still dont really overheat in it.

Matt Palmquist

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had a chance to wear the Fanatic series yet, but did get to handle it and compare it to my Stratus set last fall. The fanatic felt like it would be much warmer than the Stratus. I also really liked that the fanatic bibs had a full length zipper so you can get them on easier. I ordered the Fanatic Vest and Bibs to use this fall. Having those two pieces along with my stratus set should have me prepared to handle about any weather that mother nature can throw at me!

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
I used the Fanatic jacket and bibs last winter, and it has been the warmest, most comfortable system that I have ever owned. It is a well thought out design.
I am thinking of getting the Fanatic vest for this season, still haven't been able to get the better Half to approve that one yet, may have to order her one also.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep, I have the jacket and bibs. Perfect all day tree stand wear. I absolutely LOVE the built in handwarmer pocket. The zipper takes a little getting used to, but being able to just wear my merino gloves is priceless. Highly recommended!

OP
IAHNTR

IAHNTR

WKR
WOW, sounds like it might be a must have. Might have to try and snag a jacket for this year and maybe add the bibs next year. Does anyone carry it to the stand and then put on? Or, just wear them in? They seem really warm in the store, but it's hot in there anyways.

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
WOW, sounds like it might be a must have. Might have to try and snag a jacket for this year and maybe add the bibs next year. Does anyone carry it to the stand and then put on? Or, just wear them in? They seem really warm in the store, but it's hot in there anyways.

It depends on the length of trek to my stand. On a short walk, I will have it all on, with legs zipped open. Long walks i carry it in, and dress at the stand.

Last edited:
I bought the Stratus line the first year they came out with the Forest Optifade, I like that set-up quite a bit and I don't think I would "upgrade" to the fanatic series of Sitka. I am sure it is really nice and all, but so is the Stratus bibs with jacket. Not sure what is different about the fanatic. I have heard great things about it though.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Nick, the Fanatic basically combines the Stratus and Kelvin layers into one. The offset zipper also adds in a built in handwarmer muff. It is a very warm piece of clothing. The Stratus is a bit more versitile because you could wear it in warmer conditions with less layering.

black525

WKR
I used the fanatic jacket last year with the stratus bibs. I felt the fanatic was overkill for temps over 25 degrees. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the fanatic, but most of bow season isn't cold enough for me to get the full benefit of the system. This year I plan on using the fanatic vest.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the jacket, bibs, and vest. Love all 3 pieces for their given situations....I NEVER wear any of my outer layers in. I always have a core top and bottom on for the trip in, sometimes with a pair of Ascents, sometimes just the core. Depends on the situation. All of my other layers get put on in the stand. I also highly recommend this set-up. You WILL love it.

OP
IAHNTR

IAHNTR

WKR
Les - would you get the vest or the jacket first? Since I might be on the 1 piece a year plan. Do you use that the most? I hunt east central Iowa.

trevore

Lil-Rokslider
Can you guys tell me how quiet the fanatic series is. I know it is brushed but how does it compare to Sitka's regular soft shell and fleece? Thanks

Lawnboi

WKR
I looked at the fanatic, but i think im going with the stratus +layers. The pockets on the fanatic are dang nice! But the versatility of the stratus and layers is what won me over. Someday it would sure be nice to have the fanatic for really cold sits, but I have a feeling the stratus and puffy stuff will do the job just the same.

trevore, it is a brushed face and very quiet, much quieter than sitka's open country line. Its not fleece... but its the next best thing. Much quieter than thier normal soft shells.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vest first if it were me...actually that is what I did! Still allows you to use your other layers underneath, and would be more vesatile for you I think.

Les - would you get the vest or the jacket first? Since I might be on the 1 piece a year plan. Do you use that the most? I hunt east central Iowa.

halg

Lil-Rokslider
I have the jacket - too hot to wear on the walk in, even in single digit muzzle loader season, so I strap it to my climber. I wear the jacket with a pair of stratus bibs, layered with merino & traverse. This is also my goto ice fishing set-up with the windstopper. I keep thinking about the bibs, but the stratus handle everything from 50F down to 0F with the right layering.