Sitka Fanatic

7mmag

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt mainly in the Northeast(NY) , The weather changes on the fly snow to rain and freezing cold. I’ve seen the jacket but not purchased can’t seem to get passed the fleece outer part. When the snow soaks it or the rain how does it hold up(also this need a nip of hood).Thanks

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
It’s not going to give you much water protection but would still stay warm. But I will tell you that if it’s warm enough to rain you won’t be wearing the jacket. It’s a super warm piece. I would suggest the Downpour Jacket for such situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

7mmag

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks , appreciate it I have an old browning 4in 1 parka that’s been good to me has the down zip out liner and goretex outer. I don’t see any advantage in these new high tech clothing maybe it’s just me.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks , appreciate it I have an old browning 4in 1 parka that’s been good to me has the down zip out liner and goretex outer. I don’t see any advantage in these new high tech clothing maybe it’s just me.

You are welcome. Believe me there is a huge advantage. The way they breath, stop wind, keep you warm and silence, plus all the little technical things that are included in each piece. It’s expensive but once you have it you will never regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Incinerator jacket is waterproof but more $$. I have both, I start with the Fanatic once the temps drop and the Incinerator when we are supposed to get snow or freezing rain.

OP

7mmag

Lil-Rokslider
Ok have to check it out not to many stores carry the brand.

Jimss

WKR
I have a Fanatic vest. It's great to use as an outer and a great insulation layer for an inner. If it's going to rain I put on a rain jacket. I had a really tough time finding a vest in quiet cloth material. The Fanatic vest is a little weird with the zipper but I really like the big pocket in front as well as the hand warmer pouch.

Got the fanatic coat last December during a cold snap - shot the biggest buck of my life the second hunt with it - I'm positive the buck was attracted to this high dollar piece 😁 true story but I really do like it...