SITKA Films: The Last Punk Rock Thing Left

SITKA

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders,

SITKA Films is proud to present, The Last Punk Rock Thing Left. A two-part video series featuring bow hunter, waterman and professional big wave surfer, Mark Healey.

Mark Healey grew up on the island of O‘ahu, where there are two directions: toward the land or toward the sea. He’s spent decades in unforgiving environments where reading the conditions brings success or failure, life or death. “In nature, if you aren’t diligent you will be punished. Either that animal suffers, or wave crashes down on you. That’s it,” he says. Mark’s desire is to live as closely connected to his environment as possible. He hunts to be self-sufficient and to share the harvest with his family and friends. To him, it’s the last punk rock thing left.

Subscribe to this thread at the “Watch“ button (upper right) to stay tuned for Part II.

Thanks & enjoy.

Last edited:

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
That’s a great film. Good cinematography. Good hunting. Told a story. Nice work! Thanks for sharing.
When does Part 2 drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who grew up surfing and spearfishing (not getting into bowhunting later in my 20s) Healey has always been someone I have admired. Someone who seeks out challenging situations to develop and grow as a man. Love seeing Sitka (and firstlite before) put this type of content out there. Healey is someone that, in my opinion, is a great representative to the general population of what hunting is. People like Healey get the sustainability message out to non-hunters and helps open the door to more support from the general population, which I believe will help hunting long term in the US.

OP
SITKA

SITKA

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
As someone who grew up surfing and spearfishing (not getting into bowhunting later in my 20s) Healey has always been someone I have admired. Someone who seeks out challenging situations to develop and grow as a man. Love seeing Sitka (and firstlite before) put this type of content out there. Healey is someone that, in my opinion, is a great representative to the general population of what hunting is. People like Healey get the sustainability message out to non-hunters and helps open the door to more support from the general population, which I believe will help hunting long term in the US.
Healey is a role model to us all!