Sitka & First Lite vs Wind

rootacres

WKR
Hello all,

So I've had the Sitka Stratus for years. I am sold on the gore wind stopper membrane that's in those pieces. I can tree stand hunt the midwest deep into November when I layer correctly with this system. This post is specifically referring to tree stand hunting.

My question is, does First Lite have anything that cuts the wind as good as the Sitka Stratus? If so, which ones? Does anyone have experience with both?

Lowg08

WKR
Yea^^^^^^^ all that. I love my stratus. I had FL and KUIU. KUIU is much more wind resistant but not proof.

OP
rootacres

rootacres

WKR
If you want something for later season get yourself the fanatic set. You will thank yourself over and over. Trust me

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Exactly this x1,000,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That fanatic set is badass for sure. I was just wondering if there was something equivalent to the stratus so I didn't have to run two systems. Sounds like what I expected was confirmed. I don't understand why there isn't any other company that sees value in having a membrane like the stratus. Staying warm when its cold isn't that big of a problem. Staying warm when there is a wind is.

cmmelotte

FNG
I'm running Stratus jacket and bibs and love them. Just put in 55+ hours on stand in Kansas and delivered on the last morning. Love the system, i'm sold.

Marshland

FNG
That fanatic set is badass for sure. I was just wondering if there was something equivalent to the stratus so I didn't have to run two systems. Sounds like what I expected was confirmed. I don't understand why there isn't any other company that sees value in having a membrane like the stratus. Staying warm when its cold isn't that big of a problem. Staying warm when there is a wind is.
I think the other companies are still in that western hunting mindset. Where your moving a lot and breathability is important. I’m sure they’ll come around. I have the fanatic system which is great, but if you wear it to the stand that’s more then a short distance away you’ll be sweating.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
They have new pieces coming out in the new camo that I am willing to bet have some sort of windstopper in them.
I hope so, even though I'm now buying Sitka out layers. If they had windbreaker in their solitude, I very well may have bought that this year. I'm all for FL base layers, but that's it, plus that new camo is ugly...

Cordellh

FNG
negative on First Lite windstopper - to stretch the Stratus I use Kelvins and go deep into the single digits.

dallas.kc

Lil-Rokslider
The Kryptek Vellus is pretty dang good. It’s like the status except it is insulated with thinsulate, and has pit zips. I’m still waiting for it to get cold enough here in Missouri to use it. I’ve been running the traverse cold weather hoody and/or the jet stream jacket mainly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

So I've had the Sitka Stratus for years. I am sold on the gore wind stopper membrane that's in those pieces. I can tree stand hunt the midwest deep into November when I layer correctly with this system. This post is specifically referring to tree stand hunting.

My question is, does First Lite have anything that cuts the wind as good as the Sitka Stratus? If so, which ones? Does anyone have experience with both?
Following!!!

chadwhit

FNG
I have FL sanctuary and it does not cut wind anywhere near as well as my sitka fanatic set. Sitka all the way.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

V-TRAIN

WKR
I used to have the stratus but sold it after I got the fanatic bibs.
I used to have a fanatic jacket, but sold it, it was warm but just seemed way to bulky to me.

I really saw no need to have the stratus after getting the fanatic bibs.
Yes they are warmer, but they have leg vents that allow you to dump heat, the stratus pants do not.
I can just wear the fanatic bibs in the same conditions with no base layer, un zip walking in, then after sitting and cooling down, zip them up. they are just far more versatile.

I really like running the following as a jacket in combination with the fanatic bibs:
sitka jetstream or kuiu axis hybrid over
kuiu kenai or peleton fleece or both depending on temps.
I also have and really like the first lite woodbury, will wear that also.
I have never felt the wind thru that.

All I do is bow hunt, that is why I like jackets that compress and don't make me feel like the Michelin tire man.