Sitka Flash Rain Resistance Experience

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
Last winter I grabbed a Sitka Flash on sale because I liked the packable protection against light precipitation it offered. Fast forward to last weekend, and it was all I had to protect me through six hours of steady rain that had been forecast as light snow. Remarkably, it kept me dry.

OMMV, but I was impressed enough to think it worth posting, even though I'm not a Sitka fanatic.

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
Same thing here, don't have alot of sitka, just a couple waterfowl peices but I bought the flash last fall, put in outside in a rain to test it out and it took 4 to 5 hours for water to soak through, i think its a nice peice to have to incase a rain shower comes through and you also get some decent wind protection as well

bhalb69

FNG
What's your opinion on the "quietness" of the Flash? Been looking at this piece too recently and wondered if, at the benefit of being a good rain/wind jacket, it was kind of loud. thanks!

OP
wyojdubya

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
I can offer a couple data points on that question. It's louder than a Cabela's dry-plus, soft finish rain jacket, but quieter than a hard finish Precip. It wouldn't be my choice for archery. But for a mountain rifle day trip it's quiet enough for me.

bhalb69

FNG
I can offer a couple data points on that question. It's louder than a Cabela's dry-plus, soft finish rain jacket, but quieter than a hard finish Precip. It wouldn't be my choice for archery. But for a mountain rifle day trip it's quiet enough for me.
Good to know, thanks!