Sitka for early/mid season

Alright, I’m pretty sure my brain is fried from looking at all of the different options and other forums and opinions on the subject. I decided I would make my own post.

I’m looking for opinions on what pieces of the sitka system to get for early to mid season whitetail in Michigan. I will primarily be hunting out of a stand, but also a little on the ground. Most everything will be bow.

I have gone back and forth on all of different manufacturers and Camo patterns, but I think I have settled on Sitka as I like their layout of the clothing and I also get a substantial pro discount.

I’m thinking that I would like a subalpine top and bottom for while it is still somewhat warm and green, and then eventually probably a fanatic top and bottom for colder months (although I will not be around to need them this year, so they can wait)

This years focus is will be September-mid November temps, mid Michigan.

Any advice and recommendations are appreciated, thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuideGun

FNG
I just went through this myself. My thoughts were subalpine from September until Mid-late October and then switch over to Elevated II lineup. So far I have the Apex hoody, Traverse hoody, and Jetstream jacket in subalpine. I bought the Apex pants to go with those. I also bought different thickness core baselayers for top and bottom. I'll start buying my Elevated 2 stuff next month likely. I'm thinking the Stratus set with some different options in the mid layers under the Stratus.

OP
tyler.klinesteke
I just went through this myself. My thoughts were subalpine from September until Mid-late October and then switch over to Elevated II lineup. So far I have the Apex hoody, Traverse hoody, and Jetstream jacket in subalpine. I bought the Apex pants to go with those. I also bought different thickness core baselayers for top and bottom. I'll start buying my Elevated 2 stuff next month likely. I'm thinking the Stratus set with some different options in the mid layers under the Stratus.

Thanks for the info, as for the three tops, which would you think as the most versatile?

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
My advice is don’t sweat the camo type too much, an awful lot of animals get a truck ride home without the hunter wearing camo clothes. Think about all the styk bow guys, myself included don’t wear any or minimal at best and never after sweating a pattern. Heck idk what Sitka even is or looks like. If I’m not wearing jeans it’s maybe army woodland camo. Think about how close we need to be with styks? Even for turkey, supposed to have superior vision. I’ve kee keed them in wearing a red wool jacket twice, the only times I tried mind you to prove to a buddy it’d happen.
It surely can’t hurt though, if you feel good about it, makes you feel more confident, it’s never gonna hurt but don’t second guess.

Attachments

• 4BF0CDF2-0DAE-469D-BB53-D19B9E80B396.jpeg
    4BF0CDF2-0DAE-469D-BB53-D19B9E80B396.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 28
Following… started with Sitka LT core hoody in subalpine. Looking for guidance as weather gets colder and colors change.

My advice is don’t sweat the camo type too much, an awful lot of animals get a truck ride home without the hunter wearing camo clothes. Think about all the styk bow guys, myself included don’t wear any or minimal at best and never after sweating a pattern. Heck idk what Sitka even is or looks like. If I’m not wearing jeans it’s maybe army woodland camo. Think about how close we need to be with styks? Even for turkey, supposed to have superior vision. I’ve kee keed them in wearing a red wool jacket twice, the only times I tried mind you to prove to a buddy it’d happen.
It surely can’t hurt though, if you feel good about it, makes you feel more confident, it’s never gonna hurt but don’t second guess.
I don't think he's worried about the camo, he wants the superior comfort you get when spending the big bux on Sitka.

Alright, I’m pretty sure my brain is fried from looking at all of the different options and other forums and opinions on the subject. I decided I would make my own post.

I’m looking for opinions on what pieces of the sitka system to get for early to mid season whitetail in Michigan. I will primarily be hunting out of a stand, but also a little on the ground. Most everything will be bow.

I have gone back and forth on all of different manufacturers and Camo patterns, but I think I have settled on Sitka as I like their layout of the clothing and I also get a substantial pro discount.

I’m thinking that I would like a subalpine top and bottom for while it is still somewhat warm and green, and then eventually probably a fanatic top and bottom for colder months (although I will not be around to need them this year, so they can wait)

This years focus is will be September-mid November temps, mid Michigan.

Any advice and recommendations are appreciated, thank you all.

For September/early October I use Apex pants/hoodie with base layers until it starts getting nippy. Then I'll use my timberline/mountain pants with a fanatic hoodie and the traverse cold weather hoodie. The mountain/timberline pants aren't as quiet as the apex, but they are a lot warmer and provide a little bit of wind protection. Once it starts getting into the low 30's and cold north winds I start switching to the fanatic series. If you're warm blooded, the stratus line with good base layers works as well.

If I had no sitka and had to buy some to use for my elk/deer hunting I would probably get mountain pants, apex hoodie and traverse cold weather hoodie. That would last you until mid/late October pretty easy. You can use them for spring turkey as well. If I was only hunting whitetail from stands, I think the Stratus line with a fanatic hoodie and core heavyweight long johns would be awesome too (until it gets into the low 20's unless you get cold easy)

OP
tyler.klinesteke
I don't think he's worried about the camo, he wants the superior comfort you get when spending the big bux on Sitka.

For September/early October I use Apex pants/hoodie with base layers until it starts getting nippy. Then I'll use my timberline/mountain pants with a fanatic hoodie and the traverse cold weather hoodie. The mountain/timberline pants aren't as quiet as the apex, but they are a lot warmer and provide a little bit of wind protection. Once it starts getting into the low 30's and cold north winds I start switching to the fanatic series. If you're warm blooded, the stratus line with good base layers works as well.

If I had no sitka and had to buy some to use for my elk/deer hunting I would probably get mountain pants, apex hoodie and traverse cold weather hoodie. That would last you until mid/late October pretty easy. You can use them for spring turkey as well. If I was only hunting whitetail from stands, I think the Stratus line with a fanatic hoodie and core heavyweight long johns would be awesome too (until it gets into the low 20's unless you get cold easy)

Thank you for your post and info. You are correct as well, I’m not so hung up on pattern, but in need of quiet, warm(or cool depending) and comfortable clothes. I figured with the pro discounts I might as well get something nice from either Sitka or first lite.

Jbxl20

WKR
I’m looking forward to wearing my core lightweight hoody and fanatic hoody for early archery in PA. I love the core lightweight and wore it for some hikes and during turkey season this spring. The fanatic was a summer purchase and I haven’t had a chance to wear in the field.