Sitka gear for white tail

Gunning5

WKR
Hi guys,

Getting my camo ready for this year, and really like what I hear about Sitka Elevate ll for PA tree stand hunting.

Here's what I am thinking for my fall gear list. I will be using my Kryptek Vellus set for Cold weather at end of November / December

1. Pants- Equinox - Would you guys say these will be good till mid November with layering my merino wools under?

2. ESW shirt

3. Equinox hoody

I don't think I will need much more than that to get me to the cold weather.

What do you all think?

How cold is it there? Are you warm blooded? ESW and Equinox are probably good until low 40's depending on rain and wind. I think Merino base layers and Stratus bibs/jacket would be quite a bit better. Fanatic hoodie if you are cold blooded.

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
x2 on the stratus. I've hunted in the equinox pants and the fabric they are made out of, slightly reflects light it gives off almost a glare in certain light angles, whereas the fleece material on the stratus seems to absorb sunlight and doesn't have glare. I was getting busted by deer in a specific set in the morning when the skies were clear and the sun came out, It took me a little bit to figure it out, but when I went to the Stratus system no more busts.

OP
Gunning5

Gunning5

WKR
Oh wow Jake that's crazy. Makes sense, I've never heard anyone say that before but makes me rethink that. I do have late season covered, and want sept-mid october. Would the stratus pants be too warm for that? Would the ESW pants be better for early season?

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
Oh wow Jake that's crazy. Makes sense, I've never heard anyone say that before but makes me rethink that. I do have late season covered, and want sept-mid october. Would the stratus pants be too warm for that? Would the ESW pants be better for early season?

The Stratus might be a little warm through mid October. The ESW Is a really lightweight fabric that doesn't have much of a sheen or glare, but you might have to go with some merino baselayer if its gets cool in the mornings. It gets warm sometimes where I hunt in late October early Nov but I still try to wear my stratus, I'll ride my ebike to my stand wearing my base layers and add the Stratus system once I get up my tree and my body temp levels out

Trunscav

FNG
Stratus pant, heavy weight quarter zip, Celsius jacket (I prefer their older model), fanatic vest. That’s my combo here in PA once the leaves and temps drop while stand hunting.

OP
Gunning5

Gunning5

WKR
Sweet, love to see the sets you guys run. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk