Sitka Heavyweight half zip vs hoody..which one?

Bcleck90

WKR
I'm in the market for a mid layer and can't decide between the Sitka Heavyweight half zip or the hoody. I typically prefer a hood, but I feel like I have hoods on everything and when layering this could be an issue. Anybody prefer one over the other?

Trial153

WKR
I like have a couple of both, I wear the hoody way more. Th HW core hoody and the Apex hoody are two of sitka best pieces.

OP
B

Bcleck90

WKR
I like have a couple of both, I wear the hoody way more. Th HW core hoody and the Apex hoody are two of sitka best pieces.

Thanks for the reply Trial153. I believe I’m going to go with the hoody and see how it works out.

eoperator

WKR
Maybe I don't get the right fit, but hoods with a pack on just don't work for me. Always feels like hood is to tight on my big head.

mtnkid85

WKR
Ive always ran a hoody, they just add so much versatility to the layer.
I know it seems like it would be bothersome to have a stack of hoods on your back but I really never notice it and really appreciate the extra warmth the tightesh fitment of the HW hood provides under the baggier hoods of my outer layers.

Trial153

WKR
The hood on the core heavy and apex are great designs as well, moved with you, not cumbersome and you can glass with them no problem,