Sitka hoody/jacket fit

GoDawgs48

FNG
How do Sitka’s tops fit? Specifically the heavyweight hoody & Kelvin Aerolite jacket. Their sizing chart has me down for a large, but I’ve found myself sizing up in both SG & Kuiu. Wondering if Sitka is any different

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I wear the same size in Sitka as Stone Glacier and Kuiu. Everything is a large for me.

I've found their sizing chart to be pretty true to the measurements listed. I'm a bigger guy and wear XXL across the line from base to outerwear. Very consistent sizes.

Edit: to answer your question better, the heavyweight hoody fits a bit looser than usual base layer on me, not baggy just not skin tight.
Don't have the aerolite hoody but have older kelvin lite hoody and the fit is loose enough to layer over two layers(ltw crew and heavyweight hoody) with a bit of room to spare, could probably fit another layer under. Nice range of movement.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

WoodBow

WKR
Sitkas stuff all has a fairly athletic fit. I am 6 feet 185 lbs and I wear a large or large tall in everything. I ended up with a LT in the jestream and I'm glad I did. Recently bough a Core light weight hoody in large and was bummed that if fits a hair shorter than my core heavyweight.

I am 5’10’ and 185, medium build with a butt.

I have the same experience as the others who have posted, a sitka large is a large. Stone glacier and kuiu are the same for me on top, but bottoms is where i find the difference. I wear a medium/large in stone glacier, as their large bottoms are way too big, but the kuiu bottoms i meed to size up in pant sozes but not base layers. Kuiu zip offs are large for me, but their attack and axis pants i need to size up one size to fit well in the crotch, stone glacier helio bottoms are medium/large for me (i did try on dehavilland pants and m/l fits me well in those too), I have sitka pants that are large and fit perfect as well.

In tops, i am a large all around, kuiu large and stone glacier large, sitka large. I can layer freely between the bases, mids, and outers all in large.

wyosteve

WKR
Sitka for me is pretty true to size. Kuiu, I have to go up one size. My Sitka tops are the down hoody and Jetstreams.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only exception I’ve found to being spot on to a Large from Sitka is their new Mountain Evo jacket. I had to size up to an XL, every other jacket I’ve owned from Sitka has been a Large. It fit over a base layer OK, but was too tight in the chest/shoulders to fit over a base & midlayer.

I have to take that back, their discontinued Flash I had to size up to a XL as well- in part that was due to being a pullover.

I wear some L, some XL in Sitka. Heavyweight hoody is Large. I go up to XL in the aerolight jacket - but i want the room for layering. I could wear either L or XL in just about every sitka piece depending on layering. Bigger for layering under, etc. The core lightweight crew and hoody and apex hoody, Im solidly XL.

Kuiu I wear XL in the 120 lt and 145, and XXL in jackets/vests.

The sizing order Id say is Kuiu XL and Sitka L are similar. Then Kuiu XXL, then Sitka XL. Kuiu XXL fits smaller than Sitka XL.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I'm between LG and XL and go xl with Kuiu but large with SG. Sitka is funny. My stratus jacket is a perfect large but Jetstream is xl and perfect. Core lightweight hoodie XL all day. I'm 6' and 185.

gostovp

WKR
I wear an XXL in the Aerolite jacket. I’m 5’9, 235, dad bod beer gut, pretty thick through shoulders and chest. It fits good in the shoulders, slightly big in the mid section. The XL was just too tight in shoulders for me.

Buckhead

FNG
I am 6’2” and 195. Pretty much medium frame. In Sitka (tops) either L or XL. Their stuff is designed to be layered, so that has to be factored in, although sizing is inconsistent. In the Fanatic jacket, I am a L. In the Jetstream and Traverse jackets, an XL. In the heavyweight hoodie, a L. Really in between, varies.

I really like Sitka products, but you should try them on, if able. Sitka is pricey, so I like to try things on at retail stores, then order online. Take advantage of sales promotions, eBay , etc… I doubt the retailers appreciate that practice, however, I always walk out with a shopping bag. They are making money on me for other things.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
All of my Sitka is large except my core heavy weight I wear a medium. I ordered a large but was too big, went to a Medium and that fits great. 5’8” 165lbs.