Sitka jacket help

Lowg08

WKR
I found myself in a particularly weird weather situation today. I started the day at 5900 socked in fog and heavy dew and rain and 40 degrees with 20mph. Moved down to 4000 rain off and on everything was soaked 55 degrees 10mph winds. Now for the dilemma. I had on first lite wick base bottom and Sitka timberline pants. No issues with that. It’s the top that has me. I wore an under armor heat gear long sleeve. With a chamois shirt over it. That ended up sucking. I am wanting windstopper and at least shed most of the water. I think I would have been fine with a wick top and said jacket. I have the puffy jacket dew point rain suit all that kinda stuff I pack in I just need something for hiking around in the above mentioned weather. I am hiking mountains some above tree line some below. I am only looking at Sitka. I have had kuiu and first lite jackets and I prefer the Sitka. I’m thinking mountain jacket or jetstream. Weight and quietness are important to me as well

Jet stream jacket is really nice. Wind stopper and a light fleece lining. Has pit zips and is rain resistant. I will say it runs a little small though. I wear everything in a large jacket and this large is a bit snug.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
I would go jetstream for that situation just for the hood alone. I have one, I love it but it's slightly heavy. It does have nice big vents in the underarms that help tremendously

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve been looking at the jetstream allot. It seems to make the most sense. I thought about the mountain jacket for the weight.