Sitka Jet Stream ??

tracker12

WKR
I have been wearing a Sitka 90% Jacket for years now and looking to get the current Jet Stream. Any feedback of this jacket and sizing. I am in between an L and XL. This would be for an outer layer with light layering underneath.

I’m 5’ 11” 170 +/- 40” chest. Chart says I should be a medium but I sized up to a large. It fits like it should.

Love the Jetstream - had a vest for a few years and got the Jacket earlier this year. My favorite piece of Sitka Gear. If between sizes definitely size up. Although for me Sitka is closer to “true to size“ than Kuiu.

Did Sitka change the sizing on the jetstream this year? I tried on an XL a couple years ago and it was very tight. Ordered an XL a month ago and it was too big, exchanged it for a L. Hopefully it’s not too small.

Exchange is taking forever though because USPS took 10 days to deliver something 18 hours away from where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I would definitely size up if planning to layer underneath. I don't know if this has changed but mine is cut very athletic. I had to size up and get used to slightly long sleeves just to have room in the chest and shoulders area.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
I loved my 90% Jacket and still have it but after 10 years its seen better days plus I wanted a hood. Its an XL and effect for layering. It is inconvenient if the size is wrong but no biggy since I ordered direct from Sitka. If to big Ill size down. I thinking of getting the new Kelvin Jacket as a insulation layer. One of the re4ason I was not looking for a form fitting piece.

excaliber

WKR
Definitely size up. I'm an XL but the shoulders and arms are so tight on the XL I couldn't get it on. The 2XL is large but it gives me enough room to get my 2xl Kelvin lite under it.
Both of those garments need to be bought one size up for sure.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
The XL came in and the fit is good. I see what you mean about the sleeves. They could use to be a few inches bigger. Only problem is I bought the Dirt color. I like it for out west but for east coast I think its a little to light. in color. Going to order it in Open County. Was hoping to get by with the solid but guess not going to happen.

Lamont22

FNG
Does sizing up apply to the Jetstream vest too? I'm 6' 190 and wear a large in most Sitka items. I'd like to wear the Jetstream vest over the Grinder/Heavyweight hoody. Not sure if I should go large or xl in the Jetstream vest.