Sitka Jetstream Jacket Fitment Help.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’m looking to purchase this jacket. I am 6’1” and 205 lbs. Athletic build. I normally wear a size Large in most brands with really good luck.

My plan would be able to layer under it fairly heavy if needed. I am wondering on this jacket, if I should go up to an XL?

Thanks for any help!

I would. I have an XL and it is loose when by itself, but I can layer up pretty well under and stay comfortable anywhere from 50-60 (one semi-base/t-shirt layer), 50-40 (base and mid), 40-30 (thermal base and mid), and 30-20 (thermal base, mid, light puffy) and I still don’t feel like the stay puff marshmallow man when I have all the layers on. I haven’t attempted 4 layers underneath yet, but my weather hasn’t dictated the need to do so yet.

Mind you, these temps and layers are for static hunting. I would certainly layer down if active, and I typically have a quarter to half mile hike in to the stand and find I rarely have my jacket zipped up when walking to keep cool. Wind and precipitation allow for some variance as well.

But allowing room under the Jetstream is a great way to do it.

You should go with a XL.
I wear L sitka tops in general- but like the jetstream in XL over the L. I have both, but if you are wanting to wear it over something, go XL.

I’m 6’1” and 209. I have an XL Jetstream Vest and an XL Mountain Jacket. Definitely go XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

excaliber

WKR
If you can it's best to try one on in person. I'm 5'10" 205 and I wear a 2xl. The Jetstream is sized small with tight short arms. It is also tight across the shoulders in a xl for me.
I wear a 2xl kelvin lite hoody under mine. I'm right between the xl and 2xl but had to size up.

6’3 250#.

I own 2 jetsreams. One XXL I use in the field and one XL I use for walking around and looking like a badass hunter while I do errands and take the kids to soccer and stuff.

I can layer under the XXL quite well. The arms and shoulders get a little skinny but I can wear a base layer, fleece and kelvin lite hoody under it. The XL is hard to layer under. Just too slim.

Based on your height and weight I would say go up to XLif you want to layer.

Benjblt

WKR
I'm 5' 8" 173 lbs. I'm athletic with semi-broad shoulders. A Medium is too tight even if I wasn't going to layer. A large fits and looks great on me. I dont think I could layer a ton under it. I'd go XL of I was you. . . Maybe even 2XL.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk