Sitka Jetstream Jacket/Vest fit

SMOKYMTN

WKR
I am wanting to purchase the Jetstream Vest to wear as an outer layer but have heard from others that the Jetstream Jacket is tight and short. HOWEVER, on the Sitka website it says the Jacket has a 'Performance Fit' not designed for layering while the Vest has a 'Standard Fit'.

Can anyone confirm that the vest is indeed a looser fit and can be layered effectively? The cut on both pieces look nearly identical through the body, so I was a little apprehensive on making the purchase yet.

Thank you in advance.

H80Hunter

WKR
I tried on the vest and agree that, like the jacket, I’d size up one size to layer under it much.

I have the vest as well and really like it. It’s a performance fit. I wear base layers and an Apex hoodie under it. I’m not sure if there’s a lot more room under it. So if you’re wanting to go over a puffy or something thick, you may want to upsize. For me, it’s what I wear underneath and strip off the outer insulation for the stalk or the hike. I’m 6’1” @ 205lbs and wear a 38T pant for reference and my vest is an XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 6’3” - 220# and I wear a XLT in the jacket and XL in the vest - both fit well - found the Tall version was needed in the jacket for my torso length as the XL was to short

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
5’6”, 160. medium vest fits over a base layer and fleece-but not much else. So yeah, performance fit. Tried on the jacket and it felt similar. Side note, but the vest has the damning tendency to bunch/ride up a bit. Enough that I end up almost never wearing it...

6' 165# bought the vest in Medium this year for Rifle Deer and stopped wearing it after day 2.

As NXTZ said, it bunches and TBH I was not impressed with it's supposed wind-blocking capabilities in a real wind.

6’3” 250#. I wear a xxl in most tops to get shoulder room but can get away with XL or XL Tall in some things.

my jetstream jacket is XXl and has room for layers underneath. My jet stream vest is XL and it fits fairly slim. It fits about the same as my XL tall mountain jacket in the torso And I wouldn’t say it is a loose fitting garment. That works for me, because I was looking for something that could go over a base layer but could also be layered on top of with a puffy or other jacket (thinking I will wear the vest on the move and put on the jacket to retain heat while not moving)

If I were you, I would order whatever size you wear in Sitka or other tops and exchange it if it isn’t enough room to layer.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I wear XL in all my jackets but had to go with the XXL for my Jetstream to allow layers underneath. The XL fit perfectly but had no room if I wanted a couple of layers. It is the only XXL jacket that I own and I am only 5'10" 205.