Sitka Kelvin Active Hoody (short sleeve) sizing?

This piece seems like people love it or hate it, but none of them want to talk about sizing. I think this piece will work for my hunts through early november whitetail just to bust some of the chill off early and late.

I wear a XL in the Core lightweight hoody, performance fit and it has some room. I couldnt go down to a large, but the xl is comfortable enough in the performance fit that Im thinking I may need a L is the standard fit. The Kelvin active hoody - the one with the short sleeves - is standard fit. so Im stuck decided if I want to go with a Large or XL (the only thing Ill layer under is the lightweight hoody). Does anyone have this piece and can give height/weight and how it fits?

Ive had to send my last 3 sitka order back to change in sizes, just trying to avoid that here. Thanks in advance.

406unltd

WKR
don’t get the large it’s tiny. I ordered one and just got back the xl today and it’s perfect. I’m 6’ 200# 30.5” draws and the large core heavy weight fits me great.

OP
TheBootBowhunting
Yeah I went with the XL and it’s perfect. It’s just loose enough to be comfortable and isn’t bulky or baggy. Im switching over from UA where I’m mostly L with some XL pieces. With Sitka, every piece I’ve bought has been XL - jetstream jacket and vest, kelvin active hoody, traverse hoody and core lightweight hoody.

This will be my first year in Sitka, so I haven’t used this stuff in the field yet, but I think the Kelvin Active Hoody or jetstream vest will be the most used pieces besides the lightweight hoody which will be under them at all times.

406unltd

WKR
I’m new to it too and while I like the gear it is not easy to get correct sizes. Sitka makes it very difficult and they are inconsistent, so when choosing sizes even if you pay attention to their performance/standard/expedition “fits” (Loose, looser, loosest) sizing categories it’s hard to get it right. I have larges in performance that fit great and xl in standard that are the same size....its great they have categories but they need to actually make sure each piece fits in the category they put it in.

OP
TheBootBowhunting
I’m new to it too and while I like the gear it is not easy to get correct sizes. Sitka makes it very difficult and they are inconsistent, so when choosing sizes even if you pay attention to their performance/standard/expedition “fits” (Loose, looser, loosest) sizing categories it’s hard to get it right. I have larges in performance that fit great and xl in standard that are the same size....its great they have categories but they need to actually make sure each piece fits in the category they put it in.

Agreed. The Jetstream vest is listed as standard fit, and to me fits the same as the jacket listed as performance.

The heavyweight hoody is XL fits slightly loose - not terribly loose but enough to where Im debating trying a L. Anyone have any experience with the heavyweight hoody? Typically there is a rather big difference between a L and XL in Sitka.

406unltd

WKR
I run the heavyweight hoody in L. Good sleeve length, not tight in torso with good torso length.

Bcowette

FNG
Why would Sitka design this to go over the Apex hoody? I am never wearing a hoody over a hoody. Even if it somehow works my brain would not allow me to do it. 2 hoods just isn't happening.

I really wish they would've just put sleeves on this thing. I love my Kelvin active jacket I just wish it had a hood and a kangaroo pouch to keep my hands warm along with a nice pocket on it for storage. I also wish it fit just a bit looser. Basically combine the Hoody and Jacket and have the perfect piece.

OP
TheBootBowhunting
Just to update this thread....I ended up getting a large in the heavyweight hoody and it fits.

So to keep tracks, I'm a XL in everything Ive bought...Kelvin Active Hoody, Jetstream jacket and vest, Core Lightweight Hoody, Core lightweight crew and Traverse Cold Weather Hoody

And a Large in the Heavyweight Hoody. Makes sense.

Acpinn

WKR
Just to update this thread....I ended up getting a large in the heavyweight hoody and it fits.

So to keep tracks, I'm a XL in everything Ive bought...Kelvin Active Hoody, Jetstream jacket and vest, Core Lightweight Hoody, Core lightweight crew and Traverse Cold Weather Hoody

And a Large in the Heavyweight Hoody. Makes sense.
Is this for real lol? Is it tight fitting or do you have room to have the lightweight hoody below it easy?

OP
TheBootBowhunting
Is this for real lol? Is it tight fitting or do you have room to have the lightweight hoody below it easy?

It is a true story. Id use a core lightweight crew under it to cut down on all the hoods, but yeah, I have room to layer. That being said, I could probably go Large in the Traverse Cold Weather hoody, but the XL allows me to layer more under it. As far as everything else, large isnt an option.

406unltd

WKR
It is a true story. Id use a core lightweight crew under it to cut down on all the hoods, but yeah, I have room to layer. That being said, I could probably go Large in the Traverse Cold Weather hoody, but the XL allows me to layer more under it. As far as everything else, large isnt an option.
Hahaha sooo confusing how they do things. I tried on a xl TCWH and it was Big. Are the sleeve lengths in the L core lightweight as long as in the heavyweight? I’m probably going to get one at some point. I bought the short sleeve version first.

OP
TheBootBowhunting
Hahaha sooo confusing how they do things. I tried on a xl TCWH and it was Big. Are the sleeve lengths in the L core lightweight as long as in the heavyweight? I’m probably going to get one at some point. I bought the short sleeve version first.

The xl core lightweight hoody and crew both fit the same....but I’d say the sleeve length on the XL heavyweight hoody is quite a bit longer than those- 3” maybe? The sleeves on the large heavyweight are still longer than the sleeves on the xl core lightweight. It’s a puzzle.