Sitka Kelvin Aerolite Jacket Review, By Tony Trietch

Ten Bears

WKR
What did you feel was the real world temp rating on this ?

Contemplating this or the down version for this season. Weight is almost identical.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
What did you feel was the real world temp rating on this ?

Contemplating this or the down version for this season. Weight is almost identical.
I used it in August in NV, September in CO, October in MT and WY, November in KS and December & January in MI. As I wrote in the review, it is a mid level puffy that is very versatile but not warm enough to be used as a single layer in sub freezing.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Curious about how loud the fabric is? Crinkly like a rain jacket or swishy like a sleeping bag?
It is not as loud as the previous Sitka puffies I have used. It hard to describe in writing but it feels soft and pliable, sort of slippery when brushed against its self. But it is a puffy layer, I wouldn't make my final stalk in it unless I had no choice due to cold. weather.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Sitka Gear just released their new Kelvin Aerolite Jacket and it looks pretty sweet! @Tony Trietch was able to get one to test throughout his season last year. Check his review below to see if the Kelvin Aerolite Jacket should be added to your clothing kit this season.

Sitka Kelvin Aerolite Jacket Review
Thanks JC, I have been wanting to tell everyone about this since last season! Not every new product I test out gets me as excited as this one did.

Read the review and if you have any questions, let em rip here.

Last edited:

prm

WKR
Any chance you could compare the warmth to an Arc’teryx Atom or Kuiu 3DEFX? The Atom has been my mid-weight puffy for years.

Is the Kelvin Aerolite replacing the Kelvin Lite Down Jacket? It is no longer on the Sitka main site.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Is the Kelvin Aerolite replacing the Kelvin Lite Down Jacket? It is no longer on the Sitka main site.
wow i just saw this and its gone. They only came out with that jacket last year didn't they? I personally have it and not sure about the actual fit of it since it seems a bit odd.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
true to size? the jacket on the model on the Sitka site looks a little short- your experience?,

I see they offer a tall option (I'm not overly tall at 6', but don't like short insulated jackets- well most any jacket for that matter)

thanks

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
true to size? the jacket on the model on the Sitka site looks a little short- your experience?,

I see they offer a tall option (I'm not overly tall at 6', but don't like short insulated jackets- well most any jacket for that matter)

thanks
This was the issue I have with the kelvin lite down jacket...its super short and wasn't offered in LT

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member

thanks

Sadler

WKR

It’s still there

How does the fit differ from the Kelvin Lite Hoody? How about the forearms, still a tight fit?

Ill answer my own questions for those looking. Just got the Aerolite Jacket in. It is slightly less bulky than the Kelvin Lite Hoody, but also fits looser in both the body and forearms. The body fits me better in the KL Hoody, but the sleeves fit better on the aerolite. I have a bit of popeye forearms though so take that into consideration. As far as differences, Im not sure theres much besides that. Id go with whichever one gives you a better fit. Ill end up selling the KL Hoody, but its 100% based on fit in the forearms.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered the vest and the jacket and both seem to fit me well. They were thinner than I expected but seem like they'll be warm. I've only tried them on though so far since it's 85* here right now.

20210728_175426.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
how's the length on the jacket, the photos on the site make it look pretty short?