Sitka Kelvin Aerolite Jacket

Hey all, doing research and am looking for a synthetic puffy. The kelvin aerolite has stood out to me. Anyone willing to share there experiences with this jacket?

Any advice would be appreciated.

TX4ever

Lil-Rokslider
Following. About to pull the trigger on one. I wish they would include the amount of insulation in the specs. Curious how much insulation it has compared to something like a Patagonia Nano Puff (60g Primaloft). The aerolite seems to be a little heavier. Anyone know?

2531usmc

WKR
It does not pack into it own packet. However I would just stuff it loose in my pack
do you like the jacket and would you buy another? I’m trying to decide between this and the ambient jacket. I’m guessing they are pretty close in terms of warmth

the old Kelvin lite jacket was my favorite sitka product of all time and the aerolite was supposed to be its replacement. But it seems awful thin to have the warmth of the old Kelvin lite

sr80

WKR
do you like the jacket and would you buy another? I’m trying to decide between this and the ambient jacket. I’m guessing they are pretty close in terms of warmth

the old Kelvin lite jacket was my favorite sitka product of all time and the aerolite was supposed to be its replacement. But it seems awful thin to have the warmth of the old Kelvin lite
i dont have an aerolite but i dont think they would be very close in warmth at all.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
thank you i was just confused because it sort of looked like it did pack in its pocket in this video but didn;t see it mentioend anywhere else. tried to call but they were busy. @Tony Trietch didn't you test it? View attachment 489648
I don't recall the Aerolite packing into its own pocket but that doesn't mean it won't. I just typically stuff it into pack loose so I probably never tried. Great lightweight synthetic jacket. I liked it so much that I picked up a solid color to wear for daily use this winter.

I wear this jacket almost every day. It's warm for high twenties and thirties if you're moving. Sitting glassing you will want to layer probably wouldn't us it stationary lower than 38 - 40 degrees.

newmexicokid

FNG
Classified Approved
I love mine. Got it a month before my mule deer hunt in CO. I got a solid color and wear it to work a ton. I need a tall. I’m 6’4” about 210. I usually wear tall shirts. The fact that Sitka comes in tall was a major selling point. It’s easy to layer over and under. With my Sitka goretex rain shell to cut the wind over it will cook you out. The hood is very functional too. You might look at the SG Cirque Jacket as well. I’m the fat one on the left with the sweet mustache.

Attachments

• 24B19D57-FCF7-4CD5-A3AB-452778555DDD.jpeg
    24B19D57-FCF7-4CD5-A3AB-452778555DDD.jpeg
    616.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 737A703C-9C43-4A10-A836-04E3D8C9F760.jpeg
    737A703C-9C43-4A10-A836-04E3D8C9F760.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 43