Sitka Kelvin Aerolite Sleeping Bag ?

Ten Bears

WKR
Found a couple dead links to Schnees and photos around the internet on this bag. Anyone in the know have some details ?

185289722_4072339682822057_3410014552858153158_n.jpg

Video is up on their YouTube. Cool idea and design, the arm holes are a good idea IMO. He makes good point in the video that getting out of the bag in the morning sucks Haha, so being able to get food and drink around without dumping heat will be cool.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Wapiti16

FNG
Price point is pretty good too. Haven't looked at weight/packability specs yet but it is a synthetic bag, not down.

It's on his Instagram @stevendrakephoto
Thanks, found it. That is unique and I am intrigued.

Edit... Wish it had the same outer material like the Kelvin WS I think it would be awesome, but looks like it is different. I have had that Kelvin down WS in some wet stuff and its held up.

if you watch certain parts closely you can see new solids of core ehavy weight. (red) new colors of core light.

That blue puffy is likely the replacement to the kelvin lite synthetic. Sitka always leaves Easter eggs.

Wapiti16

FNG
if you watch certain parts closely you can see new solids of core ehavy weight. (red) new colors of core light.

That blue puffy is likely the replacement to the kelvin lite synthetic. Sitka always leaves Easter eggs.
There's been a Midnight Blue Highcountry Hoody (puffy) for a few years.

S.Clancy

WKR
Several manufacturers have zippers for your arms to come out of a sleeping bag, as well as get your feet out. I'm kinda meh on this thing. Objectively, how much use can it have? You've always been able to drape, or half crawl in a sleeping bag while glassing if it is unbearable cold. This thing makes something that happens less than 1% of the time easier.....sweet.

TXCO

WKR
I like the concept and have used a bag while glassing before a lot. You still lose a ton of heat draping it and/or screwing around with your boots. This seems functional as an early season glassing & bivy tool to replace a puffy jacket and pants.

I wasnt a fan of how to get below 30 you have layer the f up. That seems to defeat the purpose.

S.Clancy

WKR
I like the concept and have used a bag while glassing before a lot. You still lose a ton of heat draping it and/or screwing around with your boots. This seems functional as an early season glassing & bivy tool to replace a puffy jacket and pants.

I wasnt a fan of how to get below 30 you have layer the f up. That seems to defeat the purpose.
Yea, if I'm gonna have a dedicated 30-40F bag, I'm getting this one...https://www.moosejaw.com/product/sierra-designs-nitro-35-degree-sleeping-bag_10368640?ad_id=GooglePlusBox&utm_source=GooglePlusBox&utm_medium=PLA&utm_campaign=Sierra-Designs&cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-MJ-Shopping-PROMO-Brand-Product|MJ-Shopping-PROMO-Brand-Product-_-google|10931557905|108792181153|459107289839|aud-470099397345:pla-948153341011|m|9021299|4200544&gclid=CjwKCAjw_JuGBhBkEiwA1xmbRQbZ61kGMVHSrDyFZoBpZjqW73CgvHogeZ7AOT43yMQh5cdlg38lkxoCpmkQAvD_BwE

38 oz for 35F seems pointless. But that's just my opinion

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
I'll one up you with a 700+ fill and Pertex Quantum shell.

Looking for something more traditional, check out our Comfort line of bags.

We've been doing the DreamWalker for years, prior to that it was called the Wall Creeper. People get pretty damn jealous when they see you rocking one outside the tent.

dreamwalker_patagonia.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the design and think it would have some very practical applications, beyond a sleeping bag- particularly glassing in cool to cold weather

Weight is a little high for a 30 degree bag, but with that weight comes quite a few features a bag doesn't have.

Personally I'd prefer a synthetic bag in Apex Climashield over Primaloft, the Primaloft is slightly warmer/weight than Apex, but short staple fibers don't have a good track record for longevity- continuous fibers like Apex, do.