Sitka Kelvin WS hoody or First Lite Chamberlain

Superdoo

WKR
I just got a WS. It’s pretty nice. It’s just now starting to get cold enough to verify it’s warmth.
I wore it yesterday to take the kids to the pumpkin patch. It was 36* and wind was blowing about 25 to 35. I stayed warm with just a regular hoodie on underneath.

The fabric is seems pretty light, so I’ll probably have to be careful if I’m around trees, but there’s not many around here.

I’d say the ws down is slightly more durable. I liked the feeling of the chamberlain more. The ws down seems to have more pros, but I’m still considering getting another chamberlain.

No experience with the first lite, but I have a couple days in the Sitka WS. It’s cut big for a big over coat that I like to just throw over all my layers as I sit down to glass. I like how roomy it is so you don’t get cold spots. It’s like wearing a sleeping bag, cuts the wind great, and warm. I wore mine a couple mornings with baselayer, the Kelvin active, then the WS over the top and was toasty.

the downside to the jacket for me is the hood is huge. When I put I on it swallows my head and you lose peripheral vision and the hood has a cap type brim on it that falls down and covers my eyes when wearing a beanie so I had to roll it back to keep it out of the way. With a ball cap on the brim would keep it up.

Awesome late season glassing coat though and has a place in my pack once the mornings are below freezing.