Sitka Layer System Advice

huntuk

FNG
Thinking my layering system will look like this: September (Archery) through November/Dec (Rifle)

Core LW Hoody
Kelvin Active Hoody
Kelvin Lite Hoody
Apex Hoody
Puffy (Non Sitka)
Jetstream Jacket

Apex Pants
Core LW Bottoms
Timberline Pants

Any advice on pieces that are redundant or missing?

Also picked up a Traverse Zip T at a good price and wondering if I should take it back or what piece it replaces?

Is a Traverse Zip-T close to a Apex Hoody? Maybe I should be looking at the Heavyweight Hoody?

Pretty good system. Mine is very similar, just with some kuiu pieces mixed in with the Sitka. I’m looking to add Sitka ws down hoody and the timberline pants this year.

Where and how you gonna be hunting? Big difference between south texas in december and northern british columbia in december. Also, treestand vs blind hunting?

i would say you are possibly light on the lower half, depending. Jet-stream isn’t super quiet for bow hinting either and none of your other pieces up top cut wind well. Could add something there, again depending.

p89

FNG
Anyone tried both sitka and another major brand, Kuiu, First Lite, Badlands?

I'm looking to try some sitka, just not sure how it compares with the others. Things I Like and Dislike about each. I have a ton of Kuiu and First Lite and some Badlands gear, really love sitkas pattern just their prices are so much higher.