Sitka layering question for 2nd season Elk - Kelvin active, K lite , aerolite

So I’m bow hunting for 99% of the time. Im not usually out west chasing elk in early November Im hanging in a tree. This year Im going elk hunting and I have plenty of Sitka crap, I mean layers. I am thinking jackets and upper body. I have merino base layers, traverse zip and core lightweight. Mid layers I have are Kelvin active and Kelvin hoody (short sleeves)…I love these.

My question is this - can I get by with the Kelvin active or aerolite and get a Jetstream over the top for an outer layer to break the wind and shed moisture for glassing sessions. Should I forget the Jetstream and just get a puffy like the Kelvin Lite or a Super Down Pro etc to pull on over my mid layers. I was even thinking getting a Mtn evo under the puffy. I want to be warm but don’t wanna spend too much.

OP
S
Well, after sleeping on it I think I'll just roll with the Kelvin Lite down mix hoody. Save some weight and ditch bringing a jetstream and a couple other pieces. I also have a flash pullover for wind that will work if needed. That seems most versatile.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
There’s 2 schools on this subject…

I’m a kelvin down + Cloudburst rain jacket.

I have a Jetstream, but it never seems to make the hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk