Sitka Layering

renagde

WKR
Seems like the perfect combo would be the Stratus pants and Fanatic Jacket. Anything above 40 drop the jacket, it's pretty easy staying warm down to 40. Once it hits 40, throw on the jacket and once it hits 20's put a puffy underneath if needed. As for the legs, with the windstopper properties in the stratus, that should keep you comfortable from 30-50 or so. There again, once it gets cold add a puffy layer or merino. That would be alot more cost efficient then buying every piece. I think out of all the Sitka whitetail pants, the Stratus probably attracts burrs the least.

With this system, you'd only be layering merino or possibly puffy pants/jacket, both of which add very minimal bulk. You should be able to buy all one size, true to size.

Alchemy

WKR
Same size all the way. Xl tall for jackets 36T on pants for outerwear, straight xl for all layers. Sold all my sitka 2 years ago to give the other guys a try... it sure is “ultralight” and ultra cold... the stuff was good and better priced but man I couldn’t keep warm. Excited to gear back up with Sitka stuff they have added some good stuff

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely can get away with stratus for late season. Throw a puffy under the jacket and you’d be good!
What temp can u get down to with that setup. Any wind protection in them?

MinixJT

FNG
What temp can u get down to with that setup. Any wind protection in them?
Stratus wind protection is great! Particularly for its weight. Second behind the fanatic and there isn’t anything better than that for still hunting and blocking wind for bow hunting.
How cold can you go with a puffy under stratus is pretty individualized. I can sit in 20s with good bases. Though below 30 I just use the Fanatic as it’s less layering. On those cold front all day sits where the temp may change 20-30 degrees IMO more layers the better for adaptability though. This of course is just me and another’s mileage may vary

Jimss

WKR
I really like layering with a Sitka Fantaic vest. I can wear it as a quiet cloth outer.,..take if off and it doesn't take up much room in my pack...put a warm outer coat/jacket over it and I'm super warm. It has super nice hand warmer pouch...and front pocket for small gear.