Sitka Let Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esq

FNG
My 15-year d daughter bought a Sitka hat at Sportsman's Warehouse as a Christmas present for her older brother. The hat is a size too small so I took it in today to exchange it for a bigger size. They didn't have another size and so I asked for it to be returned for a store gift card. Unfortunately my daughter paid cash and lost the receipts, but all tags are on the product and it is new, never worn. Sportsman's was happy to process the return, but the clerk wasn't able to run it through and when she asked a manager why it wouldn't ring up, the manager informed us that Sitka will not allow them to process it without a receipt. She said Sitka is pretty much the only company that won't allow it. So I left with the too small hat. With many other competitors in the high end outdoors clothing, I won't continue to buy from Sitka, a company that provides substandard customer service. I've never before heard that individual manufacturers have return policies different from the return policy of the retailer. I don't return things often, but will be more careful in the future.

Squirrels

WKR
Not to mention if you call Sitka you can exchange it for the size you need directly through them even though you bought it through a retailer. Terrible customer service 🙄

OP
E

Esq

FNG
I will give them a call Monday. Would be a hassle, with wasted shipping $, nonetheless.

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not a fan of Sitka. I bought the lightweight I think accent pants for archery one year. Absolutely shredded from brush within a few weeks. Sent them in and they said they would recycle (I.e.throw away) or charge me shipping to send them back. I know many people had great return experience not me. I felt like honestly the pants were overpriced junk with no durability so I just decided I definitely won’t buy anymore Sitka. Some people love it but I think it’s way overpriced and the durability for me was crap. Green Woolies that cost me 40 bucks are still performing after 20 years. 😂 I hunt year round with hounds for lions spring bear all the fall seasons if it’s not too hot the green wool pants have beat all the so called high end “gear” it’s gear if you pay enough for 1 outfit not clothing lol.

SWOHTR

WKR
I got a free hat from them when I had to send in a pair of pants for warranty work.

Looks like their hat inventory is finally balanced out!

Maybe call their customer service and talk to them before posting that their customer service is substandard. You haven’t even talked to anyone on Sitka’s customer service team.

It’s their return policy with a big retailer that you are struggling with. When you call them you could ask them why they have that policy.

FYI, shipping a hat via USPS in the right packaging is just under $9

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
So many people have come to think that companies can continue to eat product because the CUSTOMER made a mistake. This is yet another reason why prices keep climbing. They have to build in the customer service aspect into their price. Look at Vortex.. They build shitty products but will gladly warranty them. A Vortex scope should cost about 69$, instead they are 300$ because they have to factor in all the times they are gonna have to replace it. haha

OP
E

Esq

FNG
The point is that many companies do give outstanding customer service, often to customers that don't deserve it. I would rather give my business to those companies, all else being equal. Sportsman's would have swapped out the correct size, but they didn't have it in stock so not an option. How is it any skin off of Sitka's back to return a new item with tags just because a receipt isn't presented? As a consumer I have choices and I can choose to buy from a Sitka competitor that will do better. That's the bottom line. Do as you wish.

Trial153

WKR
The point is that many companies do give outstanding customer service, often to customers that don't deserve it. I would rather give my business to those companies, all else being equal. Sportsman's would have swapped out the correct size, but they didn't have it in stock so not an option. How is it any skin off of Sitka's back to return a new item with tags just because a receipt isn't presented? As a consumer I have choices and I can choose to buy from a Sitka competitor that will do better. That's the bottom line. Do as you wish.

How would you know what their customer service is or isn’t since you didn’t even use it yet?

I am sorry this is asinine. Your like a person that gives a one star review on Amazon because your pants didn’t fit.

sneaky

"DADDY"
My 15-year d daughter bought a Sitka hat at Sportsman's Warehouse as a Christmas present for her older brother. The hat is a size too small so I took it in today to exchange it for a bigger size. They didn't have another size and so I asked for it to be returned for a store gift card. Unfortunately my daughter paid cash and lost the receipts, but all tags are on the product and it is new, never worn. Sportsman's was happy to process the return, but the clerk wasn't able to run it through and when she asked a manager why it wouldn't ring up, the manager informed us that Sitka will not allow them to process it without a receipt. She said Sitka is pretty much the only company that won't allow it. So I left with the too small hat. With many other competitors in the high end outdoors clothing, I won't continue to buy from Sitka, a company that provides substandard customer service. I've never before heard that individual manufacturers have return policies different from the return policy of the retailer. I don't return things often, but will be more careful in the future.
It's plainly posted in every Sportsman's warehouse that returns on Sitka only with a receipt. You can thank people for getting Sitka other places and taking it in to Sportsman's and getting store credit for stuff that was gifted to them. You wanna be pissed, blame them, not Sportsman's or Sitka.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’m not a fan of Sitka. I bought the lightweight I think accent pants for archery one year. Absolutely shredded from brush within a few weeks. Sent them in and they said they would recycle (I.e.throw away) or charge me shipping to send them back. I know many people had great return experience not me. I felt like honestly the pants were overpriced junk with no durability so I just decided I definitely won’t buy anymore Sitka. Some people love it but I think it’s way overpriced and the durability for me was crap. Green Woolies that cost me 40 bucks are still performing after 20 years. I hunt year round with hounds for lions spring bear all the fall seasons if it’s not too hot the green wool pants have beat all the so called high end “gear” it’s gear if you pay enough for 1 outfit not clothing lol.
Yeah, ok. Plenty of people, myself included, have been abusing Ascent pants for years with no issues. You're the "I can break an anvil guy" sounds like. Good thing is, there's a million camo companies on the market today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
E

Esq

FNG
I agree, the bigger problem is people misusing, fraudulently, the return process. However, I would have been hard pressed to fake the speortsmans tags.

I hear ya, I've been screwed on returns too and it sucks. I agree with an earlier post: call Sitka and explain the situation. I hope it works out.

OP
E

Esq

FNG
Trial 153, Sitka prevented the return. At least that's what I was told. So, if that is true, then Sitka's customer service is , customer no service. Now, I suppose if Sitka tells me that Sportsman's policy is what prevented the return, then I'll correct my statement.

I see this as a nonissue.
Sell it on RS minimal shipping fee.

If I lose the receipt I fully expect to lose out on some level. Shipping or something. If the company takes it back or exchanges the item as a courtesy then I got lucky. Honestly, I hope SITKA can help you out for your daughter's sake.

Personally, I wouldn't trash a company b/c I lost the receipt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.