Sitka Let Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3forks

WKR
I understand Sportsman’s and Sitka having a policy about returns without a receipt.

Other than the honor system though, I wonder how Sitka would ever know if a particular store made an exchange on something like a hat.

Once the product leaves Sitka and I s put into inventory and on the floor of the retail store, how does Sitka know that Sportsman’s is making an exchange?

I have seen where some manufacturers enable customers to view where they can buy a product at a retailer, and the website will allow the customer to see they product’s availability at the store, so maybe that’s what‘s happening here.

Otherwise, how does Sitka know that a retailer allows an exchange without a receipt? The store accounts for, and makes their own adjustments to inventory.

Again, I understand that a retailer can have an agreement with a manufacturer, and obviously - as others have posted - Sportsman’s is trying to prevent customer’s from buying somewhere else or at discount then using their stores to make exchanges.

Regardless, I wouldn’t call Sitka’s customer service substandard.

I had a great experience with sitkas customer service. In ovtober i fell out of a tree stand and fractured a few vertabraes. They had to cut a pair of mountain pants and on of the tops. ($430 of stuff). Sitka replaced those two pieces and sent a hat for free. Definatly made me a life customer for that.

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
You would need to know the exact date it was purchased and what card was used.

If not, do you know how many thousands of receipts a store prints a day?

I’ve done it at multiple stores. Receipts are stored for a period of time on servers. Unless it was bought months before and the receipt is no longer in the system retailers can typically look it up in a number of ways in their POS system. Printing thousands of receipts means nothing. It’s minuscule amounts of data to keep that info. Menards has kiosk dedicated for this very thing, you only need your name and then they check ID. Heck, most online retailers can track your purchasing history for years.

That said. Maybe sportsman’s doesn’t have that capability. I’ve never shopped there as Scheels and Cabela’s are closer to me. But if they don’t have that capability they should get with the times. I’ve actually gotten a gift purchased at Scheels, it had some fraying, they exchanged it with no tags, no receipt and even sent a prepaid shipping label. That’s prime customer service.

I dont understand what it has to do with Sitka. I haven't read all the posts but seems to me someone might be yanking your chain at Sportsmans. How sportsmans manage their in store inventory would not seem to have anything go do with Sitkas policies. Seems sketchy to me.

CorbLand

WKR
I’ve done it at multiple stores. Receipts are stored for a period of time on servers. Unless it was bought months before and the receipt is no longer in the system retailers can typically look it up in a number of ways in their POS system. Printing thousands of receipts means nothing. It’s minuscule amounts of data to keep that info. Menards has kiosk dedicated for this very thing, you only need your name and then they check ID. Heck, most online retailers can track your purchasing history for years.

That said. Maybe sportsman’s doesn’t have that capability. I’ve never shopped there as Scheels and Cabela’s are closer to me. But if they don’t have that capability they should get with the times. I’ve actually gotten a gift purchased at Scheels, it had some fraying, they exchanged it with no tags, no receipt and even sent a prepaid shipping label. That’s prime customer service.
Sportsmans does have that ability but online is a complete different ball game. In order to order something from online you would have to provide a name, address and a lot more information than you do at Sportsmans.

Sportsmans would need the date and last four of the card number. Without that you would have to pull the sales history for that item to find the date, then you would have no ability to say this is your receipt without the card number.

If you used a loyalty number, it does make life easier but I don’t believe the individual stores have the ability to pull that information. Corporate would have to do that.

The more information that is captured at the POS, the easier it is but all Sportsmans requires to purchase something is cash. It limits the ability to search.

Last edited:

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
Sportsmans does have that ability but online is a complete different ball game. In order to order something from online you would have to provide a name, address and a lot more information than you do at Sportsmans.

Sportsmans would need the date and last four of the card number. Without that you would have to pull the sales history for that item to find the date, then you would have no ability to say this is your receipt without the card number.

If you used a loyalty number, it does make life easier but I don’t believe the individual stores have the ability to pull that information. Corporate would have to do that.

The more information that is captured at the POS, the easier it is but all Sportsmans requires to purchase something is cash. It limits the ability to search.
Yes. All true. But they’d have his daughters name. They can absolutely look that up.

CorbLand

WKR
Yes. All true. But they’d have his daughters name. They can absolutely look that up.
The daughter paid cash. How would they have the name unless she has a loyalty account with them? When you sign up at the store they put “X” and it’s up to the customer to update later online.

I would bet the only information Sportsmans has is that someone bought that hat on some date.

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
The daughter paid cash. How would they have the name unless she has a loyalty account with them? When you sign up at the store they put “X” and it’s up to the customer to update later online.
I would bet the only information Sportsmans has is that someone bought that hat on some date.
Ah yes cash. Missed that detail

OP
E

Esq

FNG
To be very clear about what I was told and the interaction I had. The very nice young lady at Sportsman's asked for a receipt and I told her that it was a gift and I didn't have one. She said "no problem, we can do store credit." Then she tried to ring up the credit and paused, asked me to hold on a minute, and went over to speak with an older clerk, I'm assuming it was a more experienced clerk or at. Manager. They both walked back to me and the older clerk looked at the tags and said, "oh, it's Sitka, Sitka won't let us return without a receipt. We would get in trouble. They are like the only company that won't let us, we are really sorry." Today I have to drive up to Portland and will try at the Wilsonville Sportsman's. Maybe that will shed more light on who's policy it is. Best case they will have the hat in a bigger size and just swap it out.

2531usmc

WKR
I was surprised Sitka actually had hat sizes. Every one I ever bought was one size fits all.

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
Should be pretty obvious , the use of dogs to chase big game isn't really hunting .
Obviously you have never done it lol 😂 I’ve been killing elk and deer since I was 12 that’s easy. If I’m elk hunting and the weather is bad or I am tired or it’s just too nasty or dark I can turn around anytime I want. If you’re hound hunting and you care about your dogs you have to go anywhere the cat or bear goes. Try going into Hells canyon at 2:30 in the morning in a blizzard to get your dogs off a lion tree. You can’t shoot the lion you just want to get your dogs back safe. After you have been chasing them from mid morning when you let go on the track. Scared to death for them because there is a pack of wolves hot on there tail. Sometimes hound hunting can be easy but the hardest hunts I have ever been on have been chasing dogs. I successfully did the Montana unlimited sheep hunt solo and thought I might die getting the sheep that fell off a cliff that wasn’t as bad as the worst hound hunt I have had. You need to go on one before you judge it. Multiple hunts because you’re probably the guy the first time he goes the cat or bear will tree next to a road lol . Last weekend I was snowshoeing in 3 ft of snow but keep telling yourself only you really hunt 👍 I thought we were discussing Sitka?? I don’t like the idea of hunting over a deer feeder but I will never tell someone it’s not hunting and I will support there ability to do so where legal. You’re the kind of hunter that will eventually screw us all. We’re either together as hunters or we’re definitively screwed. Self important hunters who only approve of how they hunt is how they slowly take away hunting. The traditional bow guys think the compound guys are cheating. The archery guys think you shouldn’t rifle hunt during the rut. The guys who can’t shoot past 150 yards think the long range guys aren’t really hunting. Self important jack wagons like you allow the anti hunters to kill our sport one method at a time.keep telling yourself only you are actually hunting 👍 pick of unlimited sheep hunt some of my hound hunts made that day feel like a Sunday picnic. But you’re right the dogs just tree game right off the road so it’s not really hunting. You also have no idea what bit takes to train a good pack of dogs

Attachments

• E9719C43-9AED-4612-8B44-03E75EA4D3D8.jpeg
    E9719C43-9AED-4612-8B44-03E75EA4D3D8.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 41

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
I fully understand hound hunting and that's how I know it's not hunting , my neighbor is into it pretty hard , went with him a few times before I was sure , I'm not sure what to call it but im sure it isn't hunting .
I missed this. So you did try it? Chasing raccoons probably 😂😂 you haven’t been on a real hound hunt or you wouldn’t be making that statement

sneaky

"DADDY"
I fully understand hound hunting and that's how I know it's not hunting , my neighbor is into it pretty hard , went with him a few times before I was sure , I'm not sure what to call it but im sure it isn't hunting .
Wanna know how antis get hunting seasons taken away? Crap like you posted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sitka sent me a hat that i bought and it gotta sorta a dent from getting smashed in shipping. i sent them a pic and email saying no big deal but for future customers maybe think about how your shipping these so it doesnt happen to someone else, im good though. they sent me an email saying sorry heres a new one anyways and keep the other one. highly recommend their customer service.

Boblee

FNG
Wanna know how antis get hunting seasons taken away? Crap like you posted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's a really stupid thing to say , antis aren't taking quotes from the internet to get seasons banned. Get real .

Boblee

FNG
I missed this. So you did try it? Chasing raccoons probably 😂😂 you haven’t been on a real hound hunt or you wouldn’t be making that statement
No not for racoon .
Obviously you have never done it lol 😂 I’ve been killing elk and deer since I was 12 that’s easy. If I’m elk hunting and the weather is bad or I am tired or it’s just too nasty or dark I can turn around anytime I want. If you’re hound hunting and you care about your dogs you have to go anywhere the cat or bear goes. Try going into Hells canyon at 2:30 in the morning in a blizzard to get your dogs off a lion tree. You can’t shoot the lion you just want to get your dogs back safe. After you have been chasing them from mid morning when you let go on the track. Scared to death for them because there is a pack of wolves hot on there tail. Sometimes hound hunting can be easy but the hardest hunts I have ever been on have been chasing dogs. I successfully did the Montana unlimited sheep hunt solo and thought I might die getting the sheep that fell off a cliff that wasn’t as bad as the worst hound hunt I have had. You need to go on one before you judge it. Multiple hunts because you’re probably the guy the first time he goes the cat or bear will tree next to a road lol . Last weekend I was snowshoeing in 3 ft of snow but keep telling yourself only you really hunt 👍 I thought we were discussing Sitka?? I don’t like the idea of hunting over a deer feeder but I will never tell someone it’s not hunting and I will support there ability to do so where legal. You’re the kind of hunter that will eventually screw us all. We’re either together as hunters or we’re definitively screwed. Self important hunters who only approve of how they hunt is how they slowly take away hunting. The traditional bow guys think the compound guys are cheating. The archery guys think you shouldn’t rifle hunt during the rut. The guys who can’t shoot past 150 yards think the long range guys aren’t really hunting. Self important jack wagons like you allow the anti hunters to kill our sport one method at a time.keep telling yourself only you are actually hunting 👍 pick of unlimited sheep hunt some of my hound hunts made that day feel like a Sunday picnic. But you’re right the dogs just tree game right off the road so it’s not really hunting. You also have no idea what bit takes to train a good pack of dogs
Hunting deer over a feeder isn't really hunting either , I am actually hunting but I'm certainly not the only one , chasing your dogs in the snow because you want them back isn't hunting, it's chasing dogs in the snow because you want them back .

Status
Not open for further replies.