Sitka mountain jacket

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka clothing rookie here and have a question about jacket sizing. I've bought 2 different pairs of Sitka pants for early season wear and they have been true to size. Looking at getting the mountain jacket and trying to figure out how the sizing is. I'm not a fan of tight or overly bagging clothing so not sure if I should go large or extra large. For reference I'm 5'9 and roughly 185 pounds, I would be wearing at the most underneath a merino wool base layer top or long sleeve top and maybe a hoodie. A browning hells canyon speed jacket in large fit right or the kryptek diablor jacket in xtra large so I'm at a loss on wether I should get the large or extra large. Thanks for any input

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
5’9, 150. The medium fits just right with room for a vest or fleece underneath. Brother in law is 5’8, 175 and it’s a little tight on him. You’ll probably need a large.

Jbxl20

WKR
I’m 5’9. 165. I wear large in Sitka shirts and they fit perfect, I don’t own a mountain jacket but I do have a mountain vest in medium that fits tight. It works well over their large core hoody but is too tight to wear over anything heavy. I would think a large jacket would be just right

OP
M

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the help guys, I was leading towards the large as well.

300wmxcr2

FNG
Im' 5" 9" , 180lbs and wear a Sitka Mountain in large, underneath I can wear a t-shirt, Sitka long sleeve midweight crew and a Columbia fleece without it being too tight.

OP
M

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Im' 5" 9" , 180lbs and wear a Sitka Mountain in large, underneath I can wear a t-shirt, Sitka long sleeve midweight crew and a Columbia fleece without it being too tight.
Thanks, in some instances I might wear a old army jacket liner underneath and it wouldn't be too snug.