Sitka Mountain Optics Harness

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Did the ol’ covid situation force Sitka to hold off on these? I’m only seeing limited information on other retailer websites, and nothing on Sitka’s.
Think there is a shipping problem, or maybe waiting to try to do a second product release?

The flap not staying open very effectively makes me a little nervous, but I’d love to get my hands on one to try out. My old trusty badlands harness is getting a little worn out.
I can't find it on their site anymore. It was on there a few days ago.

I think Sitka has sold out of the first run of Harnesses, if you can get one at a retailer, I would jump on it. That is probably why it's not on their site.
I was told there are more coming including some in Pyrite color.
Also the lid on the production model stays up great, it was only the test batch that had the bad magnet and they resolved it.

Squirrels

WKR
I think Sitka has sold out of the first run of Harnesses, if you can get one at a retailer, I would jump on it. That is probably why it's not on their site.
I was told there are more coming including some in Pyrite color.
Also the lid on the production model stays up great, it was only the test batch that had the bad magnet and they resolved it.
Thanks. I just thought it was odd it’s not on their site anymore. Usually they don’t completely pull the product, they just show it out of stock.

wysongdog

WKR
Looks well thought out. Have a question for everyone. Looking at the pictures it seems to ride low or lower mid chest. Is there a way to get it to ride higher? I hunt off of ponies 95% of the time and it needs to ride high otherwise when covering ground at high rate of speed the damn thing will bounce off of my saddle horn.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Looks well thought out. Have a question for everyone. Looking at the pictures it seems to ride low or lower mid chest. Is there a way to get it to ride higher? I hunt off of ponies 95% of the time and it needs to ride high otherwise when covering ground at high rate of speed the damn thing will bounce off of my saddle horn.

Go look at my pics in my article, it rides as high as you want. It felt best up on my pectoral muscles.

They sure do, just checked. Wife uses the C3 12x50, I should have included that in article. Thanks for asking.

What about the Maven B2 9 x 45? I am having a hard time finding a harness for these binos and this may be a good option. Any other good recommendations for this bino? The Sitka, although expensive, look really well thought out but when not using the side pouches look huge. I wish they were in stock in a store so we could handle them before buying.

Thanks

Ryan

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about the Maven B2 9 x 45? I am having a hard time finding a harness for these binos and this may be a good option. Any other good recommendations for this bino? The Sitka, although expensive, look really well thought out but when not using the side pouches look huge. I wish they were in stock in a store so we could handle them before buying.

Thanks

Ryan
The Maven B2's will fit. I used the 11 x 45 model last fall and didn't have any issues with it or the Leica Geovid HD-B 10 x 42.
-Josh

JoeBada

FNG
I love my Sitka gear (and I have a LOT of it). That being said, based on the pictures alone I do not see myself giving up my Outdoor Vision harness for this one. I much prefer the harness open away from me. I do look forward to the final reviews though as well as more pictures. I'm trying to keep an open mind but opening towards me makes that tough...

I also run outdoor vision and agree 100%, the way this Sitka harness opens seems very cumbersome to me. I do like that cell phone pocket on the back though. I had asked outdoor vision to sew something like that on mine, but they said they couldn't. I diy'd one myself using an old passport holder.

GPATTI

WKR
I also run outdoor vision and agree 100%, the way this Sitka harness opens seems very cumbersome to me. I do like that cell phone pocket on the back though. I had asked outdoor vision to sew something like that on mine, but they said they couldn't. I diy'd one myself using an old passport holder.

Outdoor Vision did start putting a pocket on inside/backside. It was a running change. Some sizes and colors have it. It is not shown on the website yet.

I was fortunate my wife picked me one up for fathers day. I came from the Sitka Bivy which I loved, but I had to have my phone on my pant leg or chest pocket (used for GPS), my camera went in a pouch pocket on my pack, and range finder was just hooked up to my bivy but was prone to bouncing around :
20200622_142659.jpg

Here is the size comparison to the Bivy :

20200621_072620.jpg

Vortex 10x42 Binos, Canon G7X, and Range Finder all fit with ease:

20200621_075850.jpg

On the back side is a zipper pocket (perfect size for reed calls and your tag) then a larger pocket that fits a Samsung S10 really well.

20200622_142753.jpg

I have been shooting my bow a bit with it on and don't find it to hamper my range of motion any different then the Bivy. Definitely excited to get out more with it on.

Last edited:

WVELK

FNG
Has anyone tried to shoot a bow with that think on? Those wings seem to be equal opportunity - good thing for your string to catch on at the worst possible time whether you are right handed or left handed.

whaack

WKR
Has anyone tried to shoot a bow with that think on? Those wings seem to be equal opportunity - good thing for your string to catch on at the worst possible time whether you are right handed or left handed.

Zero issues. Been shooting for weeks. If your bow string is making contact with a Bino Barnes’s you better look into some form of coaching cause something ain’t right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk