Sitka Mountain Pant and Timberline pant

Are there really any differences between the Sitka Mountain Pant and the Sitka timberline pant…… other than the reinforced/waterproof knees and but?

I already had a pair of Timberline’s and just received a pair of Mountain Pants today. The only difference I can see is the extra layer on the knee and rear end on the Timberline. Everything else seems identical.

My Timberlines without knee pads weight 27.5oz and the Mountain Pant weighs 24.5oz. I am assuming the 3 oz is in the extra material on the knee and but area.

Opinions?

OP
B
It looks like the Timberline Pant is the way to go if they are the same as you get the reinforced Waterproof knees and butt.

Unless you are budget minded as the Mountain pant is cheaper in price.

I have both, and yes your observations are correct. For me they serve very different purposes. The timberlines are my dedicated late season hunting pant. The mountain pant, being available in dirt and having a back pocket, are primarily used for fishing, going to the range, and doing chores. They’re a warm, comfortable pant I can wear around town without being that guy wearing camo to run errands. I also wouldn’t pay retail for either, fwiw.