Sitka Mountain Pant vs cheaper?

Mossy

WKR
I know.....cheap sucks but Is there anything comparable at a cheaper price? Looking for something to go with my jet stream jacket. The EB and Zion don’t seem to last very long in the brush. Thanks

xcutter

WKR
Check out the First Lite Corrugate Guide Pants. They are really tough in my opinion and very stretchy. There not exactly cheap but cheaper than Sitka Mountain pants.

I like the fit and function of zions but have not owned them long enough to test durability. You could buy 3 pair for the price of a set of Sitka though. Kuiu attacks and the firstlite list cheaper. No knee pads but they have their charms.

Also,there are places where mountains can be had for $160 new and a fairly lively Sitka used gear Facebook page with some real deals if you buy right.

Trial153

WKR
buy the mountain pants and don't look back, Or better yet get the grinders.

K_pem

WKR
Been there done that with the Mountain pant first, then the corrugate...

KUIU pants are superior in my opinion. If you have to match just get a solid color.

• Banned
OP
M

Mossy

WKR
I like the fit and function of zions but have not owned them long enough to test durability. You could buy 3 pair for the price of a set of Sitka though. Kuiu attacks and the firstlite list cheaper. No knee pads but they have their charms.

Also,there are places where mountains can be had for $160 new and a fairly lively Sitka used gear Facebook page with some real deals if you buy right.

I appreciate the info. I don’t do Facebook but I have been looking for the mountain pants at a good price.

Another problem with the zions for me are the baggy legs....drives me nuts. Otherwise it would be a no brainer

Rohnson23

FNG
I would say stick with Sitka. Im not rough on my gear, but not super easy either. I have the ascent pants and they’ve held up for 4 seasons. A few little spots where a burr caught them but no rips or tears.