Sitka Mountain vest material in a hooded jacket?

kahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Are there any Sitka hooded jackets that use the Mountain vest and jacket material?

I have a Mountain vest, a Timberline jacket and a Jetstream vest. The Mountain vest is by far the quietest and most comfortable to me, but there doesn’t seem to be any other jackets that use that brushed face material.
I love the way the Timberline fits, but it is very “swishy” when it’s rubbed together or just brushed with your hand. The Jetstream and Timberline are just way too loud in my opinion for close range bow hunting.

I will say the Jetstream is in a solid color and I have heard that the solid is older than the camo versions, but haven’t had a chance to try one out.

The Timberline jacket with the Mountain material and put zips would be perfect, lol.

I heard rumors of a hooded mountain jacket a couple of years ago but nothing since. Closest thing they have IMO is a wind shirt they put out a while back. I like mine for ultralight trips. The seems aren’t taped but it handles wind and a little rain fine.

OP
K

kahunter

Lil-Rokslider
15B592D6-B1C0-40DD-869F-EF239009860D.jpegAt least with the ones I have they are not. The Mountain vest tag says 100% polyester, and the Timberline says 100% nylon.
The Mountain material just feels softer and is much quieter.
I don’t know if you can tell from the picture, but the Mountain (subalpine) has a bit of a brushed texture compared to the Timberline (Optifade).
The texture isn’t much, but it makes a big difference noise-wise.

jd1006

WKR
Timberline is different material. The Thunderhead jacket is similar, but with a full Gore-Tex waterproof lining.

OP
K

kahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thunderhead is similar? That’s interesting. I might have to see if I can get my hands on one.

jd1006

WKR
I have the thunderhead gaiters and the mountain vest. The thunderhead material is just a little more substantial than the mountain vest. Otherwise, very similar.