Sitka Pants

Trying to decide on the perfect pants for late October/ early November back country hunting. Very durable, not too heavy, but could still provide some warmth when used with layers. The mountain pants are the set I’ve been considering but I figured I’d get any input others might have. Let me know your opinions and experiences.

406unltd

WKR
That late in the year all bets are off regarding weather in my part if the country so my pant of choice if I could only have one would be the timberline. Mtn pant would fair pretty well though. I stop using my mtn pants about mid October maybe after the first week. Just depends what is doing out there.

OP
shooter50gill
Ok. Looking at their website, those look like they may fit the bill perfectly. How’s the sizing? Fairly true or on the small side?

H80Hunter

WKR
I think they’re true to size bordering on loose fit for me, in my normal size. I’d just order whatever size jeans/pants you normally buy. I guess if you really wanted to layer like crazy you could go up one inch (they have odd waist sizes too) but I’d start true to size.

rm06

WKR
I had the same conundrum and ended up with the Mountain pant. I'm very happy with them and they are very versatile. I do not use the knee pads

Sizing is spot on.

bozeman

WKR
I’ve had both mountain pants and timberline.....liked both but kept the mountain pants.

Decker9

WKR
My go to are the timberlines, though Iv never used the mountain pant.

If they had the ass and knees of the timberline, on the old 90% pant, it would be the cats meow for later season.