Sitka puffy

I am looking to snag a kelvin down WS hoody, or a kelvin lite down jacket. Leaning towards the lite jacket due to packability and it being almost half the weight, but is it near as warm as the WS hoody? Ive tried on a WS hoody once, and it seemed like a super warm jacket, but I’ve never messed with the lite jacket so I’m looking for some input or suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't own either, but have wore both in the last month as I'm going through the process of figuring out which puffy is really going to meet my needs long term before I drop that kind of cash. That Kelvin WS hoody is an absolute beast. If I had to assign a rating, the Kelvin aerolite would be a 3/5 warmth, the Kelvin Lite down would be a 4/5 and that WS would be 5/5.

The WS is very bulky, so depending on your use case, you may want to take that into consideration. I really like the Aerolite. I borrowed one from a buddy for a week and used it as much as I could. Covered a wide variety of temps, could be used as a mid layer under a shell very easily, and the fit was great for me.

The Kelvin Lite down would be a great do it all puffy. A little warm for something like early season elk, not quite warm enough to go without layers under it when the temperature really drops. I bought one for my dad from eurooptic since it was on super sale (admiral blue) and he loves it. I wore it a bit and I think it could be a great puffy for a person who just wants one.

The WS is too warm for early season unless you're a freeze baby like me. It's too bulky for me to shoot a bow with comfortably, and it doesn't pack down real small. But man, I think for me that's a must have piece of gear as soon as I can snag my size (runs very big, but that's intentional so you can put it over everything else) on sale through black ovis. Eurooptic has them on sale too in blue if you don't want camo or earth tones.

Hope that helps and good luck.

I'm a puffy junky apparently. My wife told me if I talk about face fabric and down fill one more time she is kicking me out.

And dont forget about the WS——wind stopper. The WS is a wind proof jacket that has amazing insulating properties, where the other two do not have a wind stopper membrane in them.

The three jackets are designed for different purposes, so depending on what you are looking for, each can have a role. But if you are looking for a warm, wind resistant puffy, the Kelvin WS is the route.