Sitka Range Pants

bsnedeker

WKR
I know somebody that knows a guy and ordered a pair at a lower cost.

But I would’ve paid $220. Buy once, cry once with Sitka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm really dying to know the logic behind you being interested in these pants. Do you normally change outfits every time you shoot your bow? I shoot every single day. The idea of changing pants to go out and shoot my bow is just absurd to me.

If holding arrows in your normal cargo pants doesn't work for you for some reason you can buy a leather pocket quiver for like 35 bucks. If you want something fancy you can buy the Kifaru hip quiver and belt for right around half the price of these pants. The benefit to both of these is that you don't have to change your pants when you want to shoot. You don't have to worry about not having a quiver because your pants are in the wash.

Seriously, these are the dumbest thing I've ever seen....what am I missing?

ndfb35

FNG
I bought a pair. First article of Sitka clothing I've ever purchased. I don't understand your logic of seeing it as such a hassle or so outlandish to own range pants. I have dedicated range pants for firearms that aren't cheap, so why not archery? I shoot almost everyday like some of you have stated, and most days I won't be wearing them. They days I will wear them are when I am planning to shoot for an extended period, or at a TAC event, just like my task specific firearm range pants which work very well for their purpose.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
There’s always a sucker who falls for a marketing gimmick lead by a insta star. I bet they could get 320 a pair if they brought a little T&A into the mix...

bsnedeker

WKR
I bought a pair. First article of Sitka clothing I've ever purchased. I don't understand your logic of seeing it as such a hassle or so outlandish to own range pants. I have dedicated range pants for firearms that aren't cheap, so why not archery? I shoot almost everyday like some of you have stated, and most days I won't be wearing them. They days I will wear them are when I am planning to shoot for an extended period, or at a TAC event, just like my task specific firearm range pants which work very well for their purpose.
yeah, I don't change outfits to shoot my guns either. I guess I understand the market for better now that I know there are guys out there changing pants every time they do a new activity.

ndfb35

FNG
Maybe our range days with firearms are different and having dedicated equipment allows certain tasks to be easier and more streamlined.

bsnedeker

WKR
Maybe our range days with firearms are different and having dedicated equipment allows certain tasks to be easier and more streamlined.
I have dedicated equipment. I have a belt that I put on over whatever pants I'm wearing. I don't have dedicated outfits.

What someone else spends their cash on because they think it's necessary or because they would like it is none of my business. Can't say the pants are for me, but more power to the people that want them.

Kilboars

WKR
I shoot 3D with friends on weekends and spend 4-6hours at it. I usually wear my hunting cloths because I’ve treated them in Permethrin and they keep the mosquitoes and ticks at bay. I won’t just put them on to wear them for archery I’d wear them all day perhaps. Their cargo pants with slots for arrows. I dig it.

Now my question to you:
If you have no interest in the pants why are you wasting your time posting about it?

That makes no sense to me.

bsnedeker

WKR
I shoot 3D with friends on weekends and spend 4-6hours at it. I usually wear my hunting cloths because I’ve treated them in Permethrin and they keep the mosquitoes and ticks at bay. I won’t just put them on to wear them for archery I’d wear them all day perhaps. Their cargo pants with slots for arrows. I dig it.

Now my question to you:
If you have no interest in the pants why are you wasting your time posting about it?

That makes no sense to me.
Probably for the same reasons you are wasting your time posting about how great you think they are.

bsnedeker

WKR
With the difference I’m a bow hunter and are buying the pants.

A difference without a distinction. I am also a bow hunter. Enjoy the pants. I think they are silly but I honestly hope my opinion doesn't affect you in any way, as it shouldn't.

I wouldn’t mind having a pair to wear specifically to a tournament. But one color, and for that price?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!
...and I like Sitka. (Well, I like Sitka with wind stopper. Everything else is overpriced IMO)

rm06

WKR
I primarily have other brands of hunting clothing but own a couple pieces of Sitka gear, it was out of reach for me when I started big game hunting. To me, it fits and performs better and I'll be adding more along the way but these pants will not be included, to paraphrase a favorite quote, "there is an ass for every seat".

I love bow hunting and appreciate Dudley's skills and teaching abilities but his product endorsements are so cringey, I simply can't watch him anymore.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
What's the problem with the quiver that's already attached to your bow?
Exactly. If your just a competition shooter then that’s fine. But if your a hunter and practicing without all your equipment attached to the bow it’s not good idea.

whaack

WKR
I prefer a hip quiver that keeps all my target arrows, tools, pencil, arrow puller in it so I can shoot wearing any pants I own. And I love Sitka but this seems like a miss.

Firehawk

WKR
I saw these pants announced earlier this week and wondered if it was one of the "April Fool's Day" product posts that seem so popular. I honestly thought that this was a joke.

I am happy with my Sitka Gear (Apex is AWESOME), but won't be buying these pants. I have a hip quiver for my "range day" and I also have a nice Tight Spot quiver for shooting TAC or other outdoor 3D shoots. But...it is Sitka so I am sure there will be a bunch of them sold.

And....I love my Sitka Camp Hoodie, so I have drank the kook aid a few times.