Sitka repel smell like First Lite Merino??

armyjoe

Super Moderator
So I have several items of the First Lite line but I seem to rip up the soft merino wool pretty easily. I'm look at Sitka to try out but I'm wondering if the synthetic repels the stink as well as the First Lite stuff.

(I know some of you will say try Kuiu but Sitka gives me a great military discount)

swat8888

WKR
Hell no, Sitka core series synthetic stuff smells like swamp ass after only two days....nowhere near as stink resistant as first lite. I had the same issue as you win first lite as far as durability. I'll take a few holes OB the god awful stench of two day old Sitka synthetic stuff.

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
HAHA well I guess that sums it up then, I'm not a fan of swamp ass! Thanks man

a3dhunter

WKR
I would second the opinion of stink with Sitka.
The other problem is when in the back country and you have to wash some stuff, the First Lite stuff dried very quickly whereas the Sitka Core wasn't dry until the next day.

bounds

WKR
check out Sitka's merino top and bottom. I use them for all my hunts and have a solid top that I work out in a lot. I wore the same top for 6 days straight last elk season and had no stink at all. I do have the synthetic Core tops too and yes they smell pretty strong after one day of sweating.

I wear the Merino Zip-T as an outer layer a lot and I haven't had any durability issues with it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have worn just about every type of merino. I like the feel and durability of first lite. Any synthetic is going to stink! Even the so called anti-odor stuff.