Sitka Sizing Question

DAD

FNG
Hey Y'all,

I have never had any nice pieces of camo. Last year I got a Sitka Vest and Pants for Christmas. The vest is an XL and seems to fit well, maybe a touch short. The pants are a 34T and fit great.

I am 6'3 205 pounds. I am looking to buy a nice jacket and other tops and don't know what size to go with. I usually am XXL in regular t-shirts. My Columbia PFGs are XL. My other Cabelas and random jackets are XL or XXL depending on length. I don't like sitting and having the back of my jacket ride up.

Any info would be great so I can avoid having to return any items.

H80Hunter

WKR
I'm like 6-1 and 235 lbs. I wear an XL in basically all Sitka, except some of the "Performance fit" stuff I'm XXL (you can find this info on their website Standard vs Performance fit). I don't think you'd need an XXL in anything at 205 lbs but maybe XLT would help on things like the Stratus, I can't help you with that.

OP
DAD

DAD

FNG
Which jackets are you looking at?
No clue. I have no idea where to start. Too many options. Need something to keep me warm while sitting in the tree stand and for any possible hunts out west over the next few years.

what would you recommend?

No clue. I have no idea where to start. Too many options. Need something to keep me warm while sitting in the tree stand and for any possible hunts out west over the next few years.

I used to do the two jackets for all (east/west) but have since added enough to have season or hunt specific pieces, which I recognize is not an easy or cheap thing to do with sitka. If you're trying to get the most use across a range of conditions I would recommend a softshell (Jetstream or Stratus) with some type of insulating layer. For me the stratus and Celsius midi can get me down to about high 30s in a stationary setting, but I'm very cold natured. 8 have a heavier cost for colder temps.

For the softshells I'd recommend XLT. If you're looking at something without a tall option XL should be good.

Reactions: DAD

If its low 30's and colder you'd want the Fanatic jacket. If its 30's or close to and you're warm blooded the stratus is good too.

The jetstream would be okay for both but would be louder for your whitetail stuff.

Wapiti151

WKR
I am 6’4 210 lbs with a 34 waist as well. I wear an XL/XLT (when available) in almost all Sitka jackets. XLT in jetstream, XL in Kelvin Lite Down, I have a L in my kelvin aerolite for around town but it’s not something with room for layering so have an XL for hunting. The only jacket I have that is NOT XLT/XL is the WS Down Hoodie, that’s an expedition fit and the XL was HUGE, like obnoxiously huge. I sized down on that to a Large and it fits perfectly over my layering system (core LW merino, heavyweight hoodie, paragonia nano-air, jetstream jacket, WS hoodie). That system will get be down into the teens no problem in AK and the Dew Point rain gear XL fits over it all with a tad bit of down compression if it’s going over the WS.

my advise for your size would be: performance fit (L for base layers, XL for anything else)
Standard fit: XL or XLT
Expedition fit: L if you have a lot of layers, honestly a Medium would fit if not many layers underneath.

Reactions: DAD