Sitka sizing

Jetsail

FNG
Sorry if this has been covered already im new to the forum. Looking at purchasing some sitka gear for early and late season whitetail. I am 6'4 225 lbs and located in virginia. Based off of their listed size recommendations i am a mix of Large, Large Tall, and X Large Anyone out there similar in size that can give some insight. I dont want to buy and have to return to swap things.

Thanks!

fatlander

WKR
I’m 5’ 10” 180 and I wear a medium in most everything except jackets. I wear a large in the jackets. Same with Kuiu. At your height I’d say you definitely need tall pants. If your shoulders are broad, definitely go XL in jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell you that you need to look at how the fit is on each piece. If it says performance fit and you order your typical size, it’s going to fit snug. For instance, I wear a medium t shirt (5’9 180). A medium is barely snug in the shoulders and not snug around the stomach. But performance fit is snug all over. It’s made to fit that way for layering and warmth. So if you don’t like snug clothing, order a bigger size. If it says regular fit, I’d order your regular size. I’ve found that I don’t need a larger size for layering either. My normal size gives me ample room for layering. Use the right pieces and you can layer thin and gain a lot of warmth.

Also, I’d suggest the same as fatlander for jackets

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 5’10” and 220lbs with broad shoulders. I had to go XL in jackets so I draw my bow because a large was to tight. If you have a dealer close by I would suggest going and trying stuff on. That way you can layer is needed.

pdun24

FNG
The way their stuff is athletic fit, it would be really beneficial for you to try some on before you buy. I like medium in some stuff and large in others. I am not as large as you. 5'10 175 here.

jmez

WKR
6', 205. They don't make anything in a large that would remotely fit me.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I’m 5’9 200lbs and larges fit me well in the chest, shoulders and arms. There is a little extra room in the torso but it’s a comfortable fit. I have to bump up to xl for the jackets I have tried on/own.

The fit of Sitka is different than most hunting clothes I own. I'm looking at getting some new pieces but the stores near me (Cabelas, Scheels) carry hardly anything to try on! I'm 6' - 215 slightly wider shoulders than average and I need an XL in their jackets. My fanatic jacket I purchased in 2XL for layering underneath...

OP
J

Jetsail

FNG
The fit of Sitka is different than most hunting clothes I own. I'm looking at getting some new pieces but the stores near me (Cabelas, Scheels) carry hardly anything to try on! I'm 6' - 215 slightly wider shoulders than average and I need an XL in their jackets. My fanatic jacket I purchased in 2XL for layering underneath...
How does the 2 XL fanatic fit? Extra loose? Or just enough for layers?

PhlyanPan

FNG
I'm 6'0" 225 wear a 44 long jacket and I got the XLtall Jetstream jacket. It feels perfect. Also got a core lightweight hoodie in XL and it feels too tight in the armpits but I think that's more because of the athletic cut than the sizing.

NB7

WKR
I'm 6'2 and 230, athletic build. Most of the shirts fit me well in XL and are lightly snug kind of athletic fit, but I go with XXL if I want them just little looser. From there it depends on the garment. For example I have a Kelvin down WS hoody that is plenty big in plain XL, but I definitely fit better in my Jetstream jacket in XXL. I also have a Boreal waterfowl jacket that is perfect in XXL. I have cloudburst rain gear with pants in XL but the jacket is XXL and I think that's better to allow for layering. Also, I have about a 33" inseam, and although I have some jeans in 34", I've found I didn't need to get the tall version in any of the pants I own. Hope this helps you

wapitibob

WKR
similar to above, 6'3 230 but not athletic, light wt, mid wt, and hvy wt long sleeve t's are all xxlT. Jetstream jacket is xxl. The jackets are sized for layering and the xxlT was about a half size larger and way too big, I was swimming in it. My big sitka down puffy is only an XL because of the layering sizing.

6’1” and 220. Wear XL in everything.

As someone suggested go to a store that carries it and try everything on...layered, not one piece at a time. Think of whatever combos of clothing you may wearing and try those combos on to see how everything fits.

Tsimms

FNG
Anybody tried the new stratus jacket?? Is sizing the same as the old stratus? I am right there at the XLT and XXL size.