Sitka Stratos jacket and bibs

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for feedback on the stratus bibs and jacket. Mostly for treestand deer hunting in midwest, but possibly for western hunts as well. Any feedback is appreciated. Especially warmth, and durability of fabric.

H80Hunter

WKR
Warmer than it seems due to windblocker. Quiet enough for hunting but not totally silent if there's ZERO wind. I liked mine but it grabbed more stick tights than I wanted. Very durable for sure (not sure what would happen if you walked through thorns or something).

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't like it personally. I got the blaze for whitetail hunting and that thing just holds tons of moisture in any rain or snow. The brushed face was brutal for water. I felt like I carried an extra 25 pounds of water back out of the woods each time it rained, snowed, or I walked through after a rain/snowfall.

Warmer than it seems due to windblocker. Quiet enough for hunting but not totally silent if there's ZERO wind. I liked mine but it grabbed more stick tights than I wanted. Very durable for sure (not sure what would happen if you walked through thorns or something).
I would agree with this. I sold mine. In my hunting area I found there wasn’t enough time between switching from warmer weather stuff to my insulated bibs to really use them. That has a lot to do with temps in my area which tend to me 50-70 and then drop hard when a front comes through. For milder temps I think they would be ideal.

Stratus for mid season-temps in the 40s.
Fanatic for anything colder.
That wind stopper in both is exceptional! Great pieces. Highly recommend. I actually have both sets. Stratus more an all around jacket, fanatic an absolute must in the cold.

I have both stratus jacket, stratus pants and stratus bibs, and fanatic jacket (almost all bought used for big discounts) and in southern OK they are great. Our season goes from october to jan, and i can start wearing these pieces solo or with layers in mornings mid to late October all the way thru the season. I recently bought the celcius midi (also used) and plan to use thay to extend the warmth of these pieces even further (coldest i went was 22 degrees with stratus bibs layered with kuiu super down pants and a base layer, and on top was just the fanatic and mid with base).
I think these pieces are great as long as you know their limitations. Theu are designed for dry to mild damp weather, not rain. They are designed for stand hunting, not active hunting. There are vents in the stratus bibs (two way full length zippers) which can really help dump heat, but i think with any extended hiking you will get hot in these pieces.