Sitka Stratus line being discontinued

Bcowette

FNG
Hard to believe they are discontinuing their most popular and best selling piece. Are you sure they are not just changing it?

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
i asked again to clarify and he said yes discontinued. I then asked if the fanatic were getting revamped and he said not this year and probably not next year.

He did say new products were replacing it and that people are gonna love it. FWIW

i asked again to clarify and he said yes discontinued. I then asked if the fanatic were getting revamped and he said not this year and probably not next year.

He did say new products were replacing it and that people are gonna love it. FWIW

Wonder when we'll get to see it!?

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider

+1
f.png

We don't even get to know what it is until June?

Thats typically when the stuff is available to buy, but they usually release the info about now (or sooner).. ATA show, dallas safari club, etc..

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I tried to get more info but he said thats all he could say. Just kept saying youre gonna want it when you see it and that it would drop in june.

Diesel

WKR
Maybe June is when you will be able to buy it? It would seem that the competition would have an advantage by bringing their products out earlier than Sitka.

I for one want as much time as possible to scrutinize the product and figure out if it fits my line-up before I commit to spending full retail on expensive gear. And that is before the whole sizing thing begins.

davescarp

WKR
Wow, interesting. Ive worn a status setup for probably 5 years now and really have few if any complaints. I'd say its used for about 90-95% of my treestand bowhunting

Stratus didn’t really fit into any part of my system in the treestand. Not warm enough when it got cold without layering like crazy and I don’t really care about windproof at 50 and above. FL catalyst is a more versatile option for me.

Now they add a bit of insulation to the stratus and give it a 3 quarter zip with kangaroo pocket I am all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
Stratus didn’t really fit into any part of my system in the treestand. Not warm enough when it got cold without layering like crazy and I don’t really care about windproof at 50 and above. FL catalyst is a more versatile option for me.
Now they add a bit of insulation to the stratus and give it a 3 quarter zip with kangaroo pocket I am all in.

This was my exact experience with the Stratus and one of the biggest reason I sold all of my Sitka and went to FL.

davescarp

WKR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like the fanatic???

I love the Stratus line and wear it quite a bit. That said, if they would put windstopper in the Fanatic Lite set then that would be the perfect line for me (I love the Fanatic Lite set but anything over 5 mph wind and it gets cold fast).

medic2465

FNG
I emailed Sitka in reference to the Stratus Jacket, specifically, not being on their website anymore. I received this response:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! Watch for the Stratus series to restock around early July.

Thank You,

Jesse Phillips

SITKA Gear Customer Service
877.748.5247 | www.sitkagear.com

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Yea I called the other day and asked about order and just threw in when will stratus be available and he said august

davescarp

WKR
Looks like it's available now. Anyone get their hands on the jacket and have some initial thoughts about it?

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I bought it Friday. Haven't gotten any update on shipping yet