Sitka Stratus Vest question

Skeeter

FNG
Was wondering if anyone had experience with this vest. Was thinking about the blaze orange vest over a puffy (or heavier coat) for some late season wind protection with the outer layer orange. How is it performance wise, and how is the sizing? Would I need to size up to go over a puffy? I’m an XL it normal vests/jackets, but wear XXL in Kuiu jackets and vests for reference. Are there better orange vest options out there for this purpose?

bob1sh

FNG
Was wondering if anyone had experience with this vest. Was thinking about the blaze orange vest over a puffy (or heavier coat) for some late season wind protection with the outer layer orange. How is it performance wise, and how is the sizing? Would I need to size up to go over a puffy? I’m an XL it normal vests/jackets, but wear XXL in Kuiu jackets and vests for reference. Are there better orange vest options out there for this purpose?

Was thinking of using it for the same reason and specifically in blaze. The vest is considered a “standard fit” so it’s meant to be layered under. Sitka takes this into account so that everything you’re XL in a “standard fit” fits the same. Just don’t buy something in a “performance fit” if you intend to layer under it, if you do you probably would want to size up.

For example, my Kelvin Lite Hoody is a “standard fit” XL that I can comfortably wear a base layer and Apex or Fanatic hoody under also. I would order your normal size but you can always call Sitka too. They’re incredibly helpful over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk