Sitka stratus vs fanatic

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt mainly in central AL. Would the fanatic be overkill? Sometimes it's in the high 40s starting out in the afternoons before cooling off fast as the sun dips. Would I be good with the fanatic with minimal layers or go with stratus and use more layering? I'm evidently pretty sensitive to wind as I froze my ass off a couple times in FL solitude bibs/jacket with furnace base layers. Could feel the wind especially in my lower half.

I hunt Central Mississippi and sometimes Central Georgia so very similar climate as you. If only picking one set, go Stratus and layer underneath as appropriate. That gives you windstopper outer and with proper layers should get you into the high 20s (maybe lower depending on how sensitive you are to cold). The Fanatic set with simply a base layer would still be too warm for me in anything consistently above freezing. I do have a Fanatic set for those few colder days we get and it is nice but is way too hot for most of our weather.

406unltd

WKR
Just depends how hot or cold you run ya know. My thing is if I’m you I’d go fanatic and then I don’t have to put a bunch of stuff under it. Where if you run cold you might end up putting a ton of shit on to stay warm in the stratus which isn’t awesome with the bow. Just my opinion but they are both awesome sets for sure

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would get the Stratus set personally. Much more flexible than the Fanatic set. I grew up in Tennessee, have hunted all over the East, Midwest, and out West. The Stratus is much more versatile. If they made a Stratus set with the handwarmer pocket it would pillage their Fanatic sales. If you were consistently seeing single digits or teens for all day sits I would say that would fit the Fanatic series. Even on our place in Ohio I think I've worn Fanatic gear once. Rest of the time has been Stratus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
For what it’s worth I don’t own the fanatic, but I have the entire stratus system. I live and hunt in west central Illinois where temps during season can be 90 all the way down to -30 some years. I typically run hot in my opinion, but late October until mid November temps would be 60-35s during a hunt and I would run the pant, vest, with a fanatic hoody, and ua wool base layers and I was great. Once the temps got below 35 I would run the same setup except throw the jacket over the top. I ran that all the way into December. It got frigid with windchills in the -30s and I would run the same setup now paired with a puffy over the vest and hoody, but underneath the jacket. I was fine in those temps other than my hands. The system is extremely versatile and can handle a lot. I went out and sat in one of my stands in an open crp field on a 35mph gust with 20-25 sustained winds day during December with temps in the low teens to test the wind blocker and i don’t think it could be beat. I was comfortable. It’s an awesome system and I recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:

renagde

WKR
Get the Fanatic. I only wear a Apex hoodie or similar wool baselayer underneath mine. I like being able to walk in wearing only something light, helps me get to my stand without being drenched in sweat. Once I'm cooled off I put my Fanatic jacket on and I'm set. I've hunted in mine in 40's without over heating. As long as you're in the shade and not sitting out in the sun you'll be fine. Above 40 I usually layer with my Jetstream jacket and I'm golden.