Sitka timberline alternative?

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to replace my timberline setup and I’m trying to find a close alternative. I’m most interested in the light weight wind blocker aspect of it, also it does shed light rain well so that would be a plus. The packability means nothing to me as I always have it on. I have tried on some other Sitka clothing but nothing is quite the same. The jet stream has been the closest option so far but it’s heavier and warmer from what I can see.

Are there any other good options out there? I liked the looks of the Kuiu axis but without seeing one is person I’m not sure if it’s a good pick. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

I made the switch from the timberlines to the Kuiu Axis hybrid last year. I love the hip vents. I felt like they worked better for my needs than the timberline. I had previously tried the same thing with the guides. They were a no go for me. They were too light. Just my .02

OP
SamsonMan22

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
I made the switch from the timberlines to the Kuiu Axis hybrid last year. I love the hip vents. I felt like they worked better for my needs than the timberline. I had previously tried the same thing with the guides. They were a no go for me. They were too light. Just my .02

Did you go with the axis jacket as well? How does the warmth compare between the two. I’m worried the axis is too warm for a really active hunt everything else seems to be ideal.

If it helps anyone with recommendations I spend about 8 hours on the move with little sit time. Temps range from 10-50 degrees with 20-35 being the normal day. I usually go with a timberline pant and no base layer, and a light weight base layer under my timberline jacket. Also I wear a pack all day so there is some added heat there. If it is down below 20 I will run a light base layer for my bottoms and add a medium base layer to my top system.

OP
SamsonMan22

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't realize camo was a must, sorry lol. Try the kuiu
Sorry I should have specified, I spend as much time hiding from people here as I do animals. We hunt in areas with a lot of anti type people and if they see me I might as well pack up and go or else they will go out of their way to ruin my day.

Did you go with the axis jacket as well? How does the warmth compare between the two. I’m worried the axis is too warm for a really active hunt everything else seems to be ideal.

If it helps anyone with recommendations I spend about 8 hours on the move with little sit time. Temps range from 10-50 degrees with 20-35 being the normal day. I usually go with a timberline pant and no base layer, and a light weight base layer under my timberline jacket. Also I wear a pack all day so there is some added heat there. If it is down below 20 I will run a light base layer for my bottoms and add a medium base layer to my top system.
I did not. My Jetstream works really well. I'm hunting similar conditions as you.

4dcfries

FNG
I am looking to replace my timberline setup and I’m trying to find a close alternative. I’m most interested in the light weight wind blocker aspect of it, also it does shed light rain well so that would be a plus. The packability means nothing to me as I always have it on. I have tried on some other Sitka clothing but nothing is quite the same. The jet stream has been the closest option so far but it’s heavier and warmer from what I can see.

Are there any other good options out there? I liked the looks of the Kuiu axis but without seeing one is person I’m not sure if it’s a good pick. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
Might want to look into the forloh line...besides well built and several camo options it is made in the USA.

ZDR

WKR
Not familiar with the Tmberlines, but SKRE Hardscrabble is good gear.

TBHasler

WKR
What’s the problem with the timberline jacket? Love mine

Only camo piece I can think of that is close is the Firstlite Corrugate jacket. It is camo. It is light, sheds some moisture and blocks some wind. It is not Sitka. It is NOT like windstopper in higher winds though and you will feel the winds if stronger. It’s a relative bargain at $120-$130. I prefer the Timberline but have worn the Corrugate because of the camo pattern fitting the terrain/environment better (dry TX hunts with yellow/tan/brown everywhere)

OP
SamsonMan22

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the problem with the timberline jacket? Love mine

Only camo piece I can think of that is close is the Firstlite Corrugate jacket. It is camo. It is light, sheds some moisture and blocks some wind. It is not Sitka. It is NOT like windstopper in higher winds though and you will feel the winds if stronger. It’s a relative bargain at $120-$130. I prefer the Timberline but have worn the Corrugate because of the camo pattern fitting the terrain/environment better (dry TX hunts with yellow/tan/brown everywhere)

I love the jacket for me it’s the ultimate setup. The problem is it was discontinued and mine is getting near replacement, I’m trying to see if there is something else available that is easier to find than trying to track down a left over one somewhere.

TBHasler

WKR
TX Scheels had about 40 of them in OC about a month ago. Check online - was about $180 on dale for like 45-50% off