Sitka Timberline pant and durability

I plan on wearing my Timberline pants on my elk hunt next October. Question is, is the seat durable enough to handle a saddle for a week?

H80Hunter

WKR
My wife has a pair of Timberlines I got her. She doesn’t hunt but she’s at the barn constantly and hers are holding up impressively.

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
These pants wear like iron, barb wire can give them a good snag but a little tenacious tape and your good to go

The seat is great on them. I’ve had 2 pairs. Put many miles on horses in them. First pair a seam came unstitched in the leg Sitka sent me a new pair. Current pair spent most of September and October on a horse. The seat is solid. I would recommend wearing some chinks if you will lead a pack horse. My right thigh and pocket are pretty worn from the lead rope running them.

OP
Buckshot85
The seat is great on them. I’ve had 2 pairs. Put many miles on horses in them. First pair a seam came unstitched in the leg Sitka sent me a new pair. Current pair spent most of September and October on a horse. The seat is solid. I would recommend wearing some chinks if you will lead a pack horse. My right thigh and pocket are pretty worn from the lead rope running them.
Well, we are with a guide so we’ll be on his trail stock.

Not saddle wear but mine have held up for years. Not the first pants I grab until later in the year with colder temps but they are great once I pull them out. Once you get used to hunting with the extra protection it i hard to go back.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only spot that'll eventually wear out is vertical center seam just below the small of your back. The belt of your pack rides right there and it'll blow the stitching out after a couple years of hard use.

Obviously shouldn't be an issue with pack stock.

Mt Al

WKR
You probably don't need anymore positives, but here's another. I'm on my second pair of Sitka pants. First was during Sitka1.0, different designers/suppliers. They don't fit as well, but they never came apart. Second pair was bought right around when Gore bought the company, not sure how many years ago. No time on horses, but they get used all fall, winter and spring every year, almost every weekend. I have noticed a little wear on the cuffs. Awesome pants!

I use mine for mid/late season in the prairies scrub brush, red brush and various cacti. I have not had any issues with them. I'll layer various bottoms underneath and use them in a tree stand as well.

Disclaimer: If a dog bites your ass and punctures them, Sitka does not cover that. So when you restitch them, turn them inside out and do the outside seat first, then do the inner layer next.