Sitka Timberline vs Kuiu Guide (Pants) Mid to Late with snow.

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
First post here, hopefully I'm doing everything right.

My question is what is ya'lls preference in pants when it comes mid to late season including snow. Temps can be 40's to in the teens here.

I really like Sitka and the Timberline pants look amazing. My only gripe with them is there is no vent. I do a lot of hiking getting to spots to glass so there are times where I will start sweating even in the lower temps. Then when I sit to glass I am freezing because my sweat is beginning to chill me. Que in the Kuiu with the vents, this seems useful on paper to me. The ability to dump heat. I am curious is this a warm pant? does it dump heat well?

Or should I just get the Timberline's and slow down my hiking pace?

Let me know what your vote is.

Poser

WKR
I had some hip vents sewn into my Sitka timberlines, which have several hard years of use for cold weather outings.

I l’ve never had the guide pants but I do have a guide jacket. Assuming they are the same feel a lined soft shell, I would find them too hot for anything above 20 degrees at the most.

Between the 2, I’d go timberlines + some zip off baselayers and puffy pants. Way more versatility.

I have a buddy that loves the Kuiu Talus Hybrids, which seem like Timberlines with hip vents. Wish Kuiu would sell them in solids so I could try them out.

Timberlines are only warm because they don’t breathe well.
I’ve sold Sitka pants twice because I thought I missed something the first time around since everyone raves about them.
I wear kuiu guides in montana for the same conditions and really like them. Kuiu axis are another option as well. Guide is a little thicker with bigger vents and front pockets that vent as well, axis is slightly thinner with waterproof butt and knees and wind proof but smaller vents. Stone Glacier DeHavilland is another option that I really like because of the massive vents and may serve you well. They are just a bit thicker than timberlines but breathe better as a material, do pretty well against wind and have the biggest vents out there.

LaHunter

WKR
I would look at the Kuiu Attack Pants. I have a pair of Guide pants and rarely wear them if any hiking is involved, even in temps down in the teens. If you will be sitting stationary for longer periods with minimal hiking, then the Guide pants are very good in cold temps.

Lowg08

WKR
Catalyst foundry pants is your answer. Been using since late October. 18*-47* so far.