Sitka Timberlines for PNW wet days

I am going to be getting a pair of pants for late season archery here in western WA. It rains A LOT and the weather can be 35-40 with sideways rain. I am looking at either a pair of tough rain pants like the First Lite SEAK or a pair of soft shell DWR pants like the Sitka Timberlines. Have those of you who own the Sitka pants found them to be good at shedding water and blocking wind? My primary use will be in temps from around freezing with moderate wind and lots of rain along with heavy brush and thickets. What do y’all think?

I also live in the pnw of wa, and I almost always wear my timberlines in fall all the way through nov, however I wouldn’t be without a pair of rain pants and gators in my pack. When it gets colder, in the 30s and lower, I wear a base layer if I don’t plan on moving to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O
I’m down in Skagit, not too far from you. How well do they shed water? What rain pants do you use?

I’m down in Skagit, not too far from you. How well do they shed water? What rain pants do you use?

If it’s a lite rain or morning dew you’d be fine, the pants have the heavier material on the butt, knees and around the inside bottom of each leg. Sometimes I’ll just wear gators as that will give me better protection in combination with the heavier material to just above my knees. I have kuiu Chugach rain gear. Its not their lightest rain gear, but I didn’t want it to be bc of the amount of brush in our area. The gear is always in my pack during the fall. I also bring OR gators. With that combo I’ve experienced lots of rain and have stayed dry and warm.

Another skagit resident here, I would invest in a heavy duty rain pant and wear a base layer under it. You will soak the the timberlines just walking through the morning condensation on your way to the stand without gaiters, let alone on a rainy day.
I have been using the Kuiu yukon pants and love them for the late (AKA wet) season. They are pretty burly and can stand up to our rain and considerable underbrush.
I also run first lite’s Seak jacket and have been really impressed with the durability, I’d imagine the pant version would be pretty good too.

Not the PNW but I use the Timberlines for late season bow hunting back east. About now until 12/31. Still hunting and mobile ambush. We have enough wet damp or light snowy mornings that made me want a heavier pant than the kuiu attacks.

The timberlines are fine for light rain. They do great in snow with a gaiter. If I am expecting the possibility of rain I bring a packable set of rain pants. If I am expecting rain I ditch the soft shell pants and go straight to a set of rain pants with a base layer.

OP
O
So it sounds like the consensus is that the rain pants are the cats meow. I’m looking at getting the SEAK pants as well. Another option for me would be to just wear my Corrugate Guide pants under the SEAKS for late season cold and wet days. Do those of you who use them think this would be a fairly versatile combo?

So it sounds like the consensus is that the rain pants are the cats meow. I’m looking at getting the SEAK pants as well. Another option for me would be to just wear my Corrugate Guide pants under the SEAKS for late season cold and wet days. Do those of you who use them think this would be a fairly versatile combo?

I also have the guide pants, imo I would go with the timberlines. The guide pants are nice, but I typically only wear them during warmer weather. I feel like the TLs are warmer, plus I like the extra protection built into them. If you already have the guide pants, I’d say go with that, but you might consider wearing a base layer underneath. If you find they’re not meeting your needs then get the TLs. The SEAK looks like solid rain gear, which really is what you’ll need for Late Western WA.

Clarktar

WKR
solid rain gear, which really is what you’ll need for Late Western WA.

I live on the North outer coast of WA. Once it's November it's a base layer and the best rain pants I own. I choose different weight base layer depending on the weather and if I'm moving a lot or a little.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
Whidbey Island checking in! I use the SEAK set. The pants haven't been out long enough to really test, but they are built well and if they are as good as the jacket they will be great. I have only used the pants for a couple of hours of rain, but have spent days in the jacket and stayed dry.

Truecoastie

Lil-Rokslider
This is an old thread, but a good one. You cant go wrong with kuiu yukon rain gear around here. I have been to hell in it (salmon berries, blackberries, hemlock reprod, blow down, and evergreen huckleberries) and it has held up and kept me dry. I dont ever wear more than some prana zions under them, but most of the time I'm moving.