Sitka Traverse Cold Weather Hoody - $99

Usi05

WKR
Nice buy. If this was a different color I’d be on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have black fr $89. Love that jacket. Warm when zipped up. Dumps heat when not zipped. Breathes well. Sheds light water And snow. Not the lightest thing out there but it’s my go to for shorter hikes and hunts.

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
This jacket with a windproof/ waterproof layer on top is bombproof. On many occasions, it is the only jacket I take with me from early season to late season hunts.

I prefer it over the Jetstream

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody had both the traverse and kelvin lite hoody that can compare the two? Not sure I need the traverse, already have the kelvin lite, but for the price what's one more piece in the closet right?

Anybody had both the traverse and kelvin lite hoody that can compare the two? Not sure I need the traverse, already have the kelvin lite, but for the price what's one more piece in the closet right?
The Kelvin is much lighter and being windproof makes it feel warmer. The traverse is quiet and has a great hood. I use the Kelvin lite as an insulation piece or to slip on when glassing. The traverse is an outer layer I use to sneak through the timber.

The traverse is a lot heavier weight wise and is slightly less warm for me. It does do better under a shell because it still insulates well when its compressed down. It is also more durable. I use it for waterfowl under a Hudson jacket. Doesnt have a spot for me in my big game system because of the weight but I may use it more if i day hunted a lot.

Usi05

WKR
I may snag the black one.

Almost looks like the jetstream which I love.

How does the sizing of this specific piece seem? I’m typically a large in Sitka but XL in jetstream

JasonWi

WKR
I may snag the black one.

Almost looks like the jetstream which I love.

How does the sizing of this specific piece seem? I’m typically a large in Sitka but XL in jetstream

I don't own the jetstream, but a few other pieces I own that might help your decision.

I'm a large in the fanatic hoodie or layering own an XL fanatic, large in the heavyweight hoodie and XL in the gradient hoodie. I have the LG in the Traverse and can layer under it. The XL was huge in the torso.

5'11 195#

Last edited:

JStol5

WKR
Looking at this or a heavyweight hoody for a mid layer under a puffy. For California temps 30-60 static. Which might be better?

OP
PhillyB

PhillyB

WKR
The sizing is the same as the Jetstream... I have an XL in both.

I find the XL to be perfect for a long sleeve underneath while still having the tight, athletic fit. I like that it is not bulky and flexes a bit, yet extremely warm. It is also durable, which is important to me.