Sitka Vapor SD Rain Jacket

ChrisAU

WKR
Anyone tried one? Thinking it'll be the ticket for in the pack for Colorado rifle seasons when if it rains we'll just sit tight where we are for a few minutes while it passes. Reed's has them on sale for $240 shipped so I ordered one on a whim, cut 6 oz off my pack weight ha.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I love my vaper for sure. I run it for bow season and it is light and works great to keep you on the hill in the rain. With the Gore-Tex it makes it so putting it away is as easy as shacking it off and putting it in your pack. Haven't had one wet out yet.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Got it in yesterday, very impressed. Not gonna go tearing through thickets with it but the material seems sturdier than I thought it would.

Resurrecting this thread to see if others have experiences with this. BPL seems to have very positive reviews of the columbia version of this fabric (outdry ex) and ive read a few threads there where folks indicate that it would even be good for brush busting.

The (supposed) advantage to these types of shells is that there is no dwr to wear off or face fabric to wet out since the membrane is on the outside. Can anyone speak to how these have held up in heavy rain or how the durability has been?