Sitka vs Badlands bino harness

Hello everybody FNG here so hope this hasn't been covered yet. I have razor UHD 10x50 binos and now curious what is the better harness between the Badlands D-mag or the new Sitka mountain harness. Specifically looking between these 2 only right now, but up to discuss other brands as well.

TheTone

WKR
I looked at the Sitka on the other day, I didn’t see anything about it I liked, too many straps, open/closure system I didn’t like.

No experience with that badlands, a friend of mine has a different one. It seems okay, the magnet on his makes a lot of noise snapping shut

Sonoman

FNG
I've been using a Kuiu for a couple of years and like it. A friend has a badlands that he likes as well. Best thing is to try some and see which one works for you.

davidsapp

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Sitka harness a lot, have owned the small Badlands magnetic model, a couple different AGC, and the Marsupial Gear. The Sitka is my favorite due to slim profile and modularity.

OP
dannysanch94
I like the Sitka harness a lot, have owned the small Badlands magnetic model, a couple different AGC, and the Marsupial Gear. The Sitka is my favorite due to slim profile and modularity.
The new mountain harness or their older style? I like how you can remove the bags or add them to harness

MikeyJG62

FNG
I had a vortex, didn’t like it. Now have the Kuiu and really like it. The way you can incorporate their hydro pack to as well as attaching a rangefinder holder and other storage makes it very versatile.

OP
dannysanch94
So I work at a sporting goods store and get fair price on badlands and sitka which is why it is more or less between those 2, if I had ran either one before I would definitely branch out and try marsupial or kuiu, but kindve partial to sitka patterns and badlands just seemed like a real streamline design with included bow hanger which was a nice feature for archery things.

This is my second season with the badlands d-mag and I’ve been extremely happy with it. It’s a little heavier than some options and the magnets will snap a little if you let them. But it holds securely and seems water tight (sat through a several hours downpour a couple months ago). The little pockets on the side come in handy for wind checker smoke and whatever else will fit.
Good news is someone will probably buy either one if you get it and don’t like it.

OP
dannysanch94
I do really like how the marsupials look and the features but unless i found one in wolf color and used it's a little out of my budget right now, I know buy once cry once, but more than likely going to run sitka this season and possibly go marsupial for next. Have never looked at them before but like the modularity and could use some of the attachments on the molle webbing of my upland vest as well

I have been using the Badlands XR for a couple years. I really like it. I have tried a few different ones and keep coming back to the Badlands

DBarr

FNG
Really like the Kuiu, but just got a Marsupial because it has more space for the new EL Range TA. Very nice harness.

Give Marsupial a look. Wore it the last few days straight between scouting hunting. It’s very very comfortable and easy to get to the bino’s. Added the rangefinder addition and it’s great.

OP
dannysanch94
Yeah, what I can say is the vortex razor uhd case is trash.. not comfortable, difficult to adjust and not even enclosed, some what disappointed in that as it seems material wise like it's built nice. But couldn't even get it adjusted for harness to sit nice on my back

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord